Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
My heart is broken! A tree crushed my 2011 Nitro on Saturday! In fairness, it probably saved me from harm. They totaled it today.

View attachment 40341
View attachment 40342
It’s only totaled because the repair is more than the value of the vehicle. It’s deifinitely fixable. Otherwise, be a donor. Keep the vehicle and sell the parts so others may live. OEM is so much better to buy especially when they are discontinued.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's a good thing that you did not get hurt.
On another note. If you are in the USA, I would really like to buy the wheels (or wheel skins) and the undamaged doors to extend the life of my 2010 Nitro.
Heck, I'd buy the whole thing. Please do answer this because it will probably take another year or so for my cyber truck to be delivered and I want my nitro to keep going.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It’s only totaled because the repair is more than the value of the vehicle. It’s deifinitely fixable. Otherwise, be a donor. Keep the vehicle and sell the parts so others may live. OEM is so much better to buy especially when they are discontinued.
I agree. Unfortunately these trucks have a low bluebook value for insurance purposes but it should be fixable for a price. If not, there are perhaps thousands of $$$ of parts on that clean truck. Hope the insurance company let's him keep it. Sometimes they want the vehicle if it's totaled.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just heard a helpful story from a good friend, that reminded me what to do in these situations: 1. (Always) haggle with the insurance company ! Tell them you want to keep the vehicle and watch their offer go up !? 2. Then, as "ragtopdodge" suggests, TELL them you want to buy it back (for what they're going to auction it for...or less !) 3. In other words, NEVER trust or accept an insurance company's first, or second, or third, or ??? "offer" !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts