Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting my new SLT in 3 more days, just wondering if anyone is towing with this yet??. i read every thread and nothing about it yet. i will be towing a 2000- 2500lb boat, just hoping from what i been reading that the smaller engine wont give me any problems. i didnt want the rt only cause all of them here that already had the tow package on it also had a sun roof and other stuff i really didnt want.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The only thing I've towed so far is a 4x8 trailer full of firewood. Prolly not 2000 lbs, but it did better than I would have thought. I too, am looking forward to the boating season. I got a Larson Senza 185 with a wakeboard tower. I imagine it will pull it just fine, plus the 4x4 will help on getting the boat out of the water on those days when you get caught out in the rain. Those wet ramps can be quite slickery.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I posted the same question over a month ago & got very little response. And when I do a search for it on this forum, it doesn't bring it up at all.

Anyway, I've had my SLT 4x4 about 3 weeks & 1000 miles & towed a 2200 lb ATV trailer with it a few times without any problems. It accelerates to freeway speeds easily, stops without any issues & drives fine. It's not like a full size Ram, you know it's back there but does the trick easily. One trip I made was about 80 miles in compact snow & ice & we had no issues at all.

I'll have a chance to tow a couple of different boats this summer with the Nitro. A 2500 lb. pontoon should look pretty funny because it's so much bigger than the Nitro. And a 4000+ lb. ski boat. I suspect that it shouldn't be too bad with trailer brakes & the weight equalizer

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I posted the same question over a month ago & got very little response. And when I do a search for it on this forum, it doesn't bring it up at all.

Anyway, I've had my SLT 4x4 about 3 weeks & 1000 miles & towed a 2200 lb ATV trailer with it a few times without any problems. It accelerates to freeway speeds easily, stops without any issues & drives fine. It's not like a full size Ram, you know it's back there but does the trick easily. One trip I made was about 80 miles in compact snow & ice & we had no issues at all.

I'll have a chance to tow a couple of different boats this summer with the Nitro. A 2500 lb. pontoon should look pretty funny because it's so much bigger than the Nitro. And a 4000+ lb. ski boat. I suspect that it shouldn't be too bad with trailer brakes & the weight equalizer
Thanks for the replys. That eases my mind a lot towing 2200 lbs. I have a 20' cujun bass boat that i tow to vermont every year it's about 360 miles and some very big hills, i know it will downshift on the big hills, was just wondering how it would handle something that heavy. like the patoon boat, im going to look a little funny as well pulling a 20' bass boat...lol
thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.