Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a question to see if this is good, I think it is.

I have a black SLT MSRP $23590, today I went to the dealer to check out if they got any new chargers for my brother. While I was there I saw an Inferno Red R/T fully loaded and I had the feeling of trade in. I only had my SLT for about 1 month now. I test drive the R/T, handes, rides, and the power is better. Anyways the trade in value for my SLT is $22000 for it. My monthly payments well increase from 90 to 140 dollars more. Should I do it??

I need some Motivation !!!! :pepper: :4-jump2: :Banana01: :D :SHOCKED:

·
Registered
601 Posts
:D
Ok I have a question to see if this is good, I think it is.

I have a black SLT MSRP $23590, today I went to the dealer to check out if they got any new chargers for my brother. While I was there I saw an Inferno Red R/T fully loaded and I had the feeling of trade in. I only had my SLT for about 1 month now. I test drive the R/T, handes, rides, and the power is better. Anyways the trade in value for my SLT is $22000 for it. My monthly payments well increase from 90 to 140 dollars more. Should I do it??

I need some Motivation !!!! :pepper: :4-jump2: :Banana01: :D :SHOCKED:
Is this a lease? Sounds like one, but if you're financing... I say hell yes!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its financing.....I have very very good credit. Im only 21 years old, if I do this this well be my 3rd new car. Dodge Caliber traded in it for Dodge Nitro SLT. Now SLT to R/T. Anyways I prob well do this. Just need to wait til tomorrow after school to find out....

·
Registered
601 Posts
Its financing.....I have very very good credit. Im only 21 years old, if I do this this well be my 3rd new car. Dodge Caliber traded in it for Dodge Nitro SLT. Now SLT to R/T. Anyways I prob well do this. Just need to wait til tomorrow after school to find out....
How many miles on the SLT? Also, how much did you put down on the SLT, and how much will you be putting down on the RT?

Hey, did you by any chance have a black or dark blue Caliber? If so, weren't you a member of *cough* (sorry mods) Caliberforums?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How many miles on the SLT? Also, how much did you put down on the SLT, and how much will you be putting down on the RT?

Hey, did you by any chance have a black or dark blue Caliber? If so, weren't you a member of *cough* (sorry mods) Caliberforums?

My SLT has around 1600 miles on it. I didnt put anything down and yeah I had a Black Caliber...

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Man... they're both nice vehicles. All things equal the R/T is probably more "special". The thing you have to decide... is "more special" worth a lot more bucks to ya. It sounds like the turn in cost of your SLT is reasonable but that SLT is a fine SUV too... and it's like new.
My advice... If you've always wanted a Mopar R/T and you can swing it without being pressed at all... go for it.
If you have any reservations at all keep the black SLT and love it.

I know that's saying do both things but I don't even know what I'd do... LoL!:cool:

·
Registered
543 Posts
I look at it this way. I bought the silver and black SXT. Could I have afforded an SLT or RT? Yup, but the money I'm saving is going right back into the vehicle. I already have fog lights, and have ordered the Magnaflow exhaust, deluxe splash guards and chrome fuel door-with MUCH more planned. I would much rather be able to afford a tricked-out SXT than drive a stock RT (as that is what my budget allows).
And this vehicle begs to be tricked.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Dang, that's a tough one. How much did you LOSE the minute you drove off of the lot? I guess if it's a car you plan on keeping quite awhile it may work out in the long run. I, on the other hand have an SXT and am looking into aftermarket equipment to add on to improve handling and performance. I looked at a fully loaded Nitro but for a car that only gets driven once a week (have a company car), I felt it best not to bet the loaded up one for my pocket book's sake and to just change or modify the things I felt I couldn't live without.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The MRSP of the Nitro is 23560, the RT MSRP is 29699. They give me a full trade in value for the RT. Pretty much all I'm doing is paying the higher price. I know I'll some money out of it but its worth it to do it now than later. Also its getting something I really want and this should be my last new car for a while (2 years :) ).

·
Registered
256 Posts
Well, Scjon I guess if you're young and single and really want to do it then go for it. It doesn't sound like you're worried about what equity you have in the first one. I am sure that they'll have no problems re-selling the old one either. For us, older, more conservative folks with full families though, trading a brand new one in for the step up just wouldn't be worth it. My intention with mine was that I'd drive it for about 5 years then just give it to one of the kids when they have their license.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What dealership do you get it from, the only place that I've seen R/T's at is Fiesta? I got mine inferno red R/T from there in January. Good choice on the Red, guess Im not the only Red R/T around now, looks like someone else has good taste.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just got my RT on March 12, two days ago :) Anyways when I checked every Dodge Dealer in SA, no one had one. Than one day I was checking the dealerships for a Black SXT Dodge Charger for my brother than I came across Gunn's website and they listed a Nitro Inferno Red R/T. Went there to take a look, test drive, and wanted it. This is Gunn's first Nitro RT since the beginning and its now mine :)

They had a walk around for the Gunn dealerships and the Nitro RT won 3rd place.

I'll post pictures later on but right now its raining.. err was raining, post pictures after a car wash...

So far I havent seen any R/Ts running around the SA area....

When I bought my Black SLT at North Star Dodge they had an inferno red RT but had after market stuff on it which made it around $32,000. To much.... After my SLT I havent seen another RT at any Dodge dealership for a month until now...

I'm very happy with it, drives, feels, the power, and the leather interior is nice. Fully loaded, excluding sunroof and towing package....

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just got my RT on March 12, two days ago :) Anyways when I checked every Dodge Dealer in SA, no one had one. Than one day I was checking the dealerships for a Black SXT Dodge Charger for my brother than I came across Gunn's website and they listed a Nitro Inferno Red R/T. Went there to take a look, test drive, and wanted it. This is Gunn's first Nitro RT since the beginning and its now mine :)

They had a walk around for the Gunn dealerships and the Nitro RT won 3rd place.

I'll post pictures later on but right now its raining.. err was raining, post pictures after a car wash...

So far I havent seen any R/Ts running around the SA area....

When I bought my Black SLT at North Star Dodge they had an inferno red RT but had after market stuff on it which made it around $32,000. To much.... After my SLT I havent seen another RT at any Dodge dealership for a month until now...

I'm very happy with it, drives, feels, the power, and the leather interior is nice. Fully loaded, excluding sunroof and towing package....
Congrats on the new RT. Yeah there are 3 RT's now including yours, theres a Silver one, mine and yours. The silver one was bought at Fiesta a week before I got mine. I havent seen him around though. I see a few SLT and SXT, but no RT's. Maybe will run into each other some day. Enjoy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.