Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get a ball mount to go with my trailer hitch. The middle of the 2" receiver sits about 15.5" off the ground.
I'm thinking about using it with a small covered U-haul trailer. I sometimes see cars pulling them, so I wasn't sure if I should buy a ball mount that drops down a little or one that comes basically straight out.
I don't have the factory hitch, so I think mine sits a little lower anyway. I didn't have to trim the factory bumper cover at all to mount it on the vehicle.
My guess is that I'm probably OK with one that comes straight out from the receiver, but just wanted some input from others who have towed more than I have. Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
hey. any of you guys know what type of hitch I need for an SXT?? I'll only need it to attach a hitch mount bike rack. Will the rear bumper need a modification (cutting)? Or can I install a hitch that can drop below the bumper?? Thanks

·
Registered
790 Posts
Probably just the skin. My Nitro came with this already installed. But I did the install on my wife's 05 Pacifica & it wasn't that tough. Took me about 2 or 3 hours to bolt on the reciever, cut the bumper skin & hook up the wiring harness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.