Dodge Nitro Forum banner

tranny problems???

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  NitroTech 
G
#1 ·
some times when i am driving at low speed it sounds as if the tranny is in too high of a gear. it usualy does it when i am slowing down and get back in the gas. whats up??????

#6 ·
Ive been feeling like my transmission is shifting funny in lowgears as it seems to shift late or slowly, but maybe it is just the way the transmission runs as it seems to be working fine when I accelerate more rapidly..anyone else experiencing this?
the only time I seem to experience his hanging in changing gears is between 1st and 2nd..I dont know if its my previous driving style or the nature of the transmission...every other gear shifts like butter though

#9 ·
Nitro tranny

Hi new to this site. Thought I was the only one with problems. Mine was in the shop 3 times in under 30 days. First time 3 days after I bought it transmission went out. Seems fine now except for the funny shifting in low grears. We'll wait and see.

#10 ·
Hi new to this site. Thought I was the only one with problems. Mine was in the shop 3 times in under 30 days. First time 3 days after I bought it transmission went out. Seems fine now except for the funny shifting in low grears. We'll wait and see.
Eek, at least the problems came early on so hopefully theyll be over with..Im slowly getting use to the low-gear shifting and it seems to be getting less noticable..

#13 ·
hey larry will this fix my problem too??
First if your Nitro is built on or before November 17 this bulletin applies. I would suspect most of the memebers Nitro's here fall into that category. Having said that and looking at your conern on how you feel the trans seems to be in too high of a gear I would suggest getting the reprogram done. I say that because often with TSB's they address other issues that may not be as apparent even if the TSB says it covers other problems. Especially seeing as this is a trans reprogram addressing 1-2 shift quality.

Book it in and get the flash reprogram done and let us know the outcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.