Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, could anybody help please. Just had my Dodge carbon cleaned and re mapped NP. Before all this my car kept kind of going into limp mode and not going into 5th. I'd turn my car off and it work work fine. No pattern to what was causing it, it was so random. Any ways the chap that carbon cleaned the engine brought these codes up.

TCM (Transmission
Control Module) ( 7 ) Abnormal

P0732 Gear Ratio Error In 2nd Stored
P0734 Gear Ratio Error In 4th Stored
P0735 Gear Ratio Error In 5th Stored
P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance Stored
P0731 Gear Ratio Error In 1st Stored
P0730 Incorrect Gear Ratio Stored
P0733 Gear Ratio Error In 3rd Stored.
My car is a 2008 and done 80500 miles. I had a reconditioned transmission at 30000 miles and new torque converter (i was told it was buggered) appears it was only an earth wire going to the transmission that had broke "DOH!" Got conned on that one..... I can drive my car all day without problem, then just out of the blue the revs go up and my car drops into 4th. I stop, turn it off and on and the car drives fine. Yes I had new files installed but it has been doing this for a year now. When my car does its funny thing I cant use the gears e.g.1,2,3,4. But once I turn it off and on again its fine.... Any ideas

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hiya, could anybody help please. Just had my Dodge carbon cleaned and re mapped NP. Before all this my car kept kind of going into limp mode and not going into 5th. I'd turn my car off and it work work fine. No pattern to what was causing it, it was so random. Any ways the chap that carbon cleaned the engine brought these codes up.

TCM (Transmission
Control Module) ( 7 ) Abnormal

P0732 Gear Ratio Error In 2nd Stored
P0734 Gear Ratio Error In 4th Stored
P0735 Gear Ratio Error In 5th Stored
P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance Stored
P0731 Gear Ratio Error In 1st Stored
P0730 Incorrect Gear Ratio Stored
P0733 Gear Ratio Error In 3rd Stored.
My car is a 2008 and done 80500 miles. I had a reconditioned transmission at 30000 miles and new torque converter (i was told it was buggered) appears it was only an earth wire going to the transmission that had broke "DOH!" Got conned on that one..... I can drive my car all day without problem, then just out of the blue the revs go up and my car drops into 4th. I stop, turn it off and on and the car drives fine. Yes I had new files installed but it has been doing this for a year now. When my car does its funny thing I cant use the gears e.g.1,2,3,4. But once I turn it off and on again its fine.... Any ideas
Try and find a new tcm if that dosent work then I got no clue do you still have your og trans

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try and find a new tcm if that dosent work then I got no clue do you still have your og trans
no dont have my old trans.... it was never broken, the earth wire had broken that was sending out the wrong signals to the transmission.

·
Registered
36 Posts
no dont have my old trans.... it was never broken, the earth wire had broken that was sending out the wrong signals to the transmission.
Hmm if that's the case new tcm I guess dunno what else it could be unless your trans is just throwing a fit what exactly did you have remaped

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hmm if that's the case new tcm I guess dunno what else it could be unless your trans is just throwing a fit what exactly did you have remaped
I had the same issues with my 08 R/T and ended up replacing both censors (in and out) and found out it was my TCM, costly fix but does not go into limp mode anymore

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had the same issues with my 08 R/T and ended up replacing both censors (in and out) and found out it was my TCM, costly fix but does not go into limp mode anymore
your tranny will be different than mine, only the R/T came with the 4.0 motor and has a Mercedes tranny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts