Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
1 - did you put loctite on the 2nd bolt from the front on the drivers side? It has to have sealant on it.
2 - use a lube locker gasket (which are reusable). the cheap rubber ones often tend to leak.

If it's slipping, it's probably lost too much fluid. You'll need to get the leak under control first then fill it to the right level.

You'll need a chart, a generic dip stick tool, and a way to read the transmission temperature (OBD scanner tool).
another chart
If you have to guess you'd fill it to the min mark for your current ambient temp (cold), then run it through all the gears (while parked), let it sit running in park or neutral for 5 min to warm up, and then fill to the mid mark for the warm temp. (I think normal operating temp is around 180F).
You could probably get autozone or other auto parts store to use their scan tool for free to read the temp so you can finish topping it off accurately.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey new here, I own a 2007 Nitro 4x4 and have been transmission issues. Changed the gasket/seal last WK and it wasn't leaking but now it is and my truck won't go into gear and if it does and u try to press the gas it's slipping smh
I had a similar issue a couple of years ago with my '07 Nitro and I had to replace my transmission cooler lines. Checking transmission fluid levels in our Nitro's involves a specific measuring tool used by repair shops (so I've been told), although I'm sure there's a way to figure it on your own.

·
Registered
207 Posts
It's just a dip stick. But you also need to be able to get an accurate read of the transmission fluid temperature which requires an OBD scan tool. Then you just consult the chart--google provides this.

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
Hey new here, I own a 2007 Nitro 4x4 and have been transmission issues. Changed the gasket/seal last WK and it wasn't leaking but now it is and my truck won't go into gear and if it does and u try to press the gas it's slipping smh
which transmission do you have, 4 speed auto (with tow / haul button), or 5 speed auto (with 2wd / 4wd switch),

1 - 7 of 7 Posts