Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Transmission shifter

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  08 SXT 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have a 2007 Dodge Nitro SXT model, should the letters and numbers be lit where the gear shifter is (as pictured) at night when interior lights are on?
Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior Gear shift

See less See more
#5 ·
Yes, there is a bulb that lights up the letters and numbers on the automatic transmission shifter gate. You can either go to a Toyota dealership, and get an EW203 bulb for a few bucks, which is the original bulb that came from Chrysler, or some people have said that an E74 bulb can work too.

I just went to a Toyota dealership and bought a couple. I called first, and they had to order them. It only took a couple days. I guess they do burn out kind of fast. It's why I bought two.

#9 ·
Yes, it's very easy to change. I believe you just pry up on the trim around the shifter, near the cup holders, and then you have access to the bulb. It's on the left side of the letters, I think by the Neutral indicator.

That looks like the bulb. I think the reason why people were going to the Toyota dealer, is because (I think) Chrysler dealers were only selling multiple quantities, of like 10 or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.