Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every now and then for no reason the car won't start. It takes about six or seven tries to get the car started. Sometimes if I take the car out of park and put it back in park it will start and sometime if I jiggle the ignition it will start. It only does this every couple of weeks. Has anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had mine for about 3 months when coming out of the store it would not start. I towed it to Kirkwood Dodge in Delaware, 1st they told me it was the key , after 5 days they tracked down the problem to the ignition. They put a new one in and it seems to work

·
Registered
56 Posts
Periodically, mine would either start and then stop right away or would not start at all but I could here the starter motor running. Noticed that a red light would flash constantly when I inserted the key. Brought it in today and the service department replaced the key. Said it was an internal defect. Hope this fixes the problem.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Every now and then for no reason the car won't start. It takes about six or seven tries to get the car started. Sometimes if I take the car out of park and put it back in park it will start and sometime if I jiggle the ignition it will start. It only does this every couple of weeks. Has anyone had this problem?
Difficult to say without actually experiencing it, but it sure sounds like a bad ignition switch. Having said that though, the onboard diagnostics may have picked up some information as to what is happening. Bringing into your dealer and scanning it with the StarSCAN may point to the problem. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.