Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have plans to replace the Fuel Pump (has fuel filter ingrained into it) along with the Fuel Injectors to try and increase my Nitro's fuel mileage. Was wondering if there is anything else anyone would suggest to get changed at the same time to maybe help it improve more?!

I currently get an average of 13.5-15.7 MPG (Pretty bad if you ask me ;-;)

Fuel Pump: https://www.jcwhitney.com/details/Dodge/Nitro/Replacement/Fuel_Pump/2011/REPD314552.html?TID=gglpla&origin=pla&utm_source=google&utm_medium=pla&utm_campaign=696700536&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjcfzBRCHARIsAO-1_OriG5_BGd0UcXyp9YamCOWpkXGk8Vm0rcHHkjZkMsW2pCPWb4_dNX8aArNeEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds#tt-reviews-list

Fuel Injectors: Set(6) Fuel Injectors For Jeep Dodge Mitsubishi 3.7L Vehicles 0280158020 | eBay

Nitro Details:
101,000 Miles
Spark Plugs and wires changed at 98,000 miles.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,467 Posts
What engine?
BTW;
If you could please go to your signature (<click this) and put your info about your rig on the first line. It will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see under every post I make;
This is what I drive:
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What engine?
BTW;
If you could please go to your signature (<click this) and put your info about your rig on the first line. It will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see under every post I make;
This is what I drive:
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
3.7L V6

And yes, my apologies about that... ?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,467 Posts
OK thanks.
Only ZFR6F-11G spark plugs should be used in the 3.7, changed every 30K miles. OEM is NGK brand, and is what I use.
Take the rig for a decent drive, then stop and feel the hubs. Caution! they may be HOT! If one or more are hot you may have brakes dragging. Usually a caliper that is not releasing. My LF got so hot it was smoking, Not good!
Check the hand brake to make sure it is also not dragging. The hand brake shoes are inside the rear drums and are not part of the regular brake system. Good info on brakes can be seen here.
And

Any Mods to your ride, like oversized tires?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK thanks.
Only ZFR6F-11G spark plugs should be used in the 3.7, changed every 30K miles. OEM is NGK brand, and is what I use.
Take the rig for a decent drive, then stop and feel the hubs. Caution! they may be HOT! If one or more are hot you may have brakes dragging. Usually a caliper that is not releasing. My LF got so hot it was smoking, Not good!
Check the hand brake to make sure it is also not dragging. The hand brake shoes are inside the rear drums and are not part of the regular brake system. Good info on brakes can be seen here.
And

Any Mods to your ride, like oversized tires?
I honestly have no idea what spark plugs are in my vehicle, I let a shop change my spark plugs like the fool I am, won't be making that same mistake because that was far too expensive.

I'll have to try the hub test when I get an opportunity to do, I feel like that is possible because I've already had a suspicion on that. Thank you for the suggestion on how to check that! Greatly appreciated!

My Nitro is completely stock at the moment to my awareness... at least for now...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts