Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

I am a new member here. I bought a 2007 Nitro SXT last year and I’ve been wanting to change the muffler/exhaust to make it louder if possible. I was thinking about purchasing a Cherrybomb glasspack. Also, I bought it while it already had a Thrush Welded muffler, or I believe that’s which one it is. Would a glasspack be an improvement?

Thank you for reading!

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,173 Posts
Good morning,

I am a new member here. I bought a 2007 Nitro SXT last year and I’ve been wanting to change the muffler/exhaust to make it louder if possible. I was thinking about purchasing a Cherrybomb glasspack. Also, I bought it while it already had a Thrush Welded muffler, or I believe that’s which one it is. Would a glasspack be an improvement?

Thank you for reading!
I personally like Magnaflow.
i’ve heard that cherrybomb makes most V6 sound like a ricer.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,538 Posts
Welcome to the forum @. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.
I too did a Magnaflow 11226. Will not blast you out of the rig, but you know it is there.

Reactions: JPthekid

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome to the forum @. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.
I too did a Magnaflow 11226. Will not blast you out of the rig, but you know it is there.
Scar0: What were your reasons for the Magnaflow?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,538 Posts
Scar0: What were your reasons for the Magnaflow?
First and foremost was power gains. CAI to breath in easier and less restrictive muffler to breath out easier.

Reactions: JPthekid

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks Scar0 ! I was particularly interested in the "power gain" aspect, but didn't want my question to "lead" to that answer. Y"know? So, thanks for responding to such a vague question ! What is "CAI"? And, as long as we're here . . . Just off the top of your head: Do you think the Magnaflow would be good for the 4.0 V6 Automatic,4x4, RT? And . . . Did you do JUST the muffler or the entire exhaust system?
Thanks !

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Thanks Scar0 ! I was particularly interested in the "power gain" aspect, but didn't want my question to "lead" to that answer. Y"know? So, thanks for responding to such a vague question ! What is "CAI"? And, as long as we're here . . . Just off the top of your head: Do you think the Magnaflow would be good for the 4.0 V6 Automatic,4x4, RT? And . . . Did you do JUST the muffler or the entire exhaust system?
Thanks !
CAI is Cold Air Intake.
On mine, I took the muffler and everything back off. Slipped the Magnaflow muffler on where the original was, and had a shop do the rest. But mine is dumped right before the axle (straight back from the muffler and a tip on the end aimed down) instead of all the way to the rear. It has a nicer rumble with it dumped before the axle. (Only reason I have it dumped before the axle... the first time I welded everything myself and was not very good. So the axle dump ended up breaking off from rust where I made a shotty weld. It sounded better so I left it)

Reactions: Scar0

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,538 Posts
Thanks !
This is what I did.
OME system is mandrel bent stainless. That's about as good as it gets. So I wanted to keep as much as I could.

·
Registered
28 Posts
1. Received your message Scar0, re: "Forum upgrade" and "links broken". Thanks, but I still can't find that guy's recordings of his system; Not so important.
2. In trying to get all the info on this topic, I saw "By removing the resonator, you are keeping the airflow as open as you can, thereby making the motor more efficient, providing more horsepower and better fuel economy." ––– And I wonder: Why not just remove the resonator ?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,538 Posts
If you look at the resonator by the rear bumper, it just has a hole thru it, no baffles. So no real gains by removing it. But it will be a little louder with it off.

(it must be an outside link. IE Not linked to a post/thread on "this forum")

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks again Scar0. I understand your (last) resonator comment.
Well, as I continue to look at others' comments, I guess I just "got fooled again" . . .
"A sound clip would be a nice addition to our Muffler mod sound clips as well!"
So this is not working either.
What was the year of that upgrade? I'll just stop looking for (sound bites anyway) before that year....
K

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Thanks again Scar0. I understand your (last) resonator comment.
Well, as I continue to look at others' comments, I guess I just "got fooled again" . . .
"A sound clip would be a nice addition to our Muffler mod sound clips as well!"
So this is not working either.
What was the year of that upgrade? I'll just stop looking for (sound bites anyway) before that year....
K
I would add how mine sounds, but using my phone to do it and actually hearing it in person sounds like two different sounds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts