NUMBER: 23-050-06 REV. A
DATE: November 22, 2006
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 23-050-06, DATED NOVEMBER 9, 2006, ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDES THE ADDITION OF A BUILD DATE CLEAN POINT.
Power Door Lock(s) Inoperative
This bulletin involves modifying the door carrier plate, lock rod grommet and lock knob hole in the door trim panel.
2007 (KA) Nitro
NOTE: **This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or prior to November 1, 2006 (MDH 1101XX).**
The lock knob rod binds causing the door lock knob to flutter when electrically actuated.
Electrically cycle the power door locks using either the door lock switch or key fob. If any of the door lock knobs flutter when electrically actuated then perform the Repair Procedure.
1. Remove the door handle trim bezel by prying with a trim stick at the forward edge of the bezel.
2. Remove the hex head fastener from the front of the handle area that was hidden by door handle trim bezel.
3. Use a very thin pry tool to remove the two screw covers from the door trim located in the pull cup and the lower rear corner of the door trim panel.
4. Remove the two screws from the door trim.
5. Remove the power window switch assembly by prying with a trim stick at the forward edge of the assembly then disconnect the electrical connector and set the switch aside.
6. Disengage the trim panel from the four way locator at the handle area of the trim panel, then carefully remove the door trim panel from the door by lifting upward until removed from the door lock and the mounting ttachments on the carrier plate.
23-050-06 REV. A -2-
7. Disconnect the electrical connector from the tweeter speaker if equipped (rear doors only). Set the door trim panel aside.
8. Remove the inside lock knob rod netting (sleeve) if equipped and discard.
9. Cutoff the inside lock rod retention feature from the door carrier plate, (Fig. 1).
Fig. 1 LOCK SYSTEM MODIFICATIONS
1 -SLEEVE REMOVE AND DISCARD
2 -CUT OFF TAB AT VERTICAL CORNER
3 -LOWER LOCK ROD GROMMET
4 -MODIFIED GROMMET
10. Cutoff and remove the hat section of the inside lock knob rod grommet, (Fig. 1).
11. Use a 12mm (15/32 in.) drill bit to verify the inside lock knob hole in the door trim panel is large enough.
12. Connect the electrical connector to the tweeter speaker if equipped (rear doors only).
13. Position the wiring for the window switch into the trim panel switch opening and carefully install the door trim panel to the door by lifting upward and over the door lock then attach the trim panel to the carrier plate attachment points by pushing down on the trim panel.
14. Connect the electrical connectors and install the power window switch.
15. Install the screws and the screw covers to the front door trim.
16. Install the fastener at the handle area of the front door trim and tighten screw to 5.5 Nm (50 in. lbs.).
17. Install the door handle trim bezel.
-3-23-050-06 REV. A
18. Repeat steps 1 -17 for other doors as necessary.
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
Labor Operation No: Description Amount
23-41-19-90 One Door (C) 0.2 Hrs.
23-41-19-91 Two Doors (C) 0.3 Hrs.
23-41-19-92 Three Doors (C) 0.5 Hrs.
23-41-19-93 Four Doors (C) 0.6 Hrs.
FAILURE CODE: ZZ Service Action