·
NitroZ is the place to be!!!
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NUMBER: 23-052-06
GROUP: Body
DATE: November 4, 2006

SUBJECT: Speaker Buzz

OVERVIEW: This bulletin involves removal of the inside door handle bezel(s) and installing flock tape on back side of the bezel.

MODELS: 2007 (KA) Nitro

SYMPTOM/CONDITION: Some vehicles may exhibit a buzz sound from the door area with audio output at certain volumes.

DIAGNOSIS: If the customer describes a buzz sound coming from door(s) that is associated with audio system output, perform the Repair Procedure.

PARTS REQUIRED: Qty. Part No. Description 1 05019055AA Tape, Mopar Flock (one will service about 15 vehicles)

REPAIR PROCEDURE:
1. Remove the inside door handle bezel. 23-052-06 -2-

Fig. 1 APPLY FLOCK TAPE
1 -TAPE LOCATIONS
2. Lay the bezel face down on a soft surface. Apply two (2) pieces of flock tape, p/n 05019055AA to the back side of the bezel. Tape should not roll up the angled taper or hang off the outside edge, (Fig. 1).
3. Install the handle bezel.
4. Repeat process for other door(s) as necessary.

POLICY: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.

TIME ALLOWANCE: Labor Operation No: Description Amount
23-10-15-90 Install Flock Tape On Door Bezels, All 0.2 Hrs.

FAILURE CODE: ZZ Service Action

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
TSB is Technical Service Bulletin - its not a recall because not all vehicles are affected. Yes you can call the dealership about this - and even if they dont know about it the can go into their service system and view it. Just set up an appointment and youll be set

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
I have tracked exactly where the vibration is coming from. If I hold down the door panel on the HINGE side of the door handle the vibration stops. Is this an area the tape is installed? Someone else might want to try holding down this area (to the right of driver door handle) and see if it stops for them too

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
The TSB talks about applying the tape to the inside handle bezel. However if applying pressure to the door panel to the right of the inside handle stops the buzzing you could be achieving the same results when the tapeis apllied to the bezel. Unless that's been already done.

There's also been reports that the leading edge of the door panels nearest the door hinges has been a source for speaker induced buzzing. Basically applying the flock tape in this area is the repair also.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had mine in the shop three times for the buzz. Finally they put flocking tape along the edge of the panel near the hidge edge like NitroLarry said. Seemed to have fixed it yay!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't know if this is the same thing?

My left speaker on the dashboard makes a weird sound intermittently - it's not a buzz, it's more like a chk-chk-chk. It only happens when I am using the radio, it doesn't happen with SAT at all. Sometimes I can drive for miles without hearing it, but then sometimes it happens every couple of minutes. Have anyone else heard this or is it my old-age hearing? :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just got my speaker buzz fix yesterday. ill showed the dealer the TBS and they took care of it. Now when I shut the door or turn the speakers up no more buzz or rattle. The doors sound more solid.

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
My left speaker on the dashboard makes a weird sound intermittently - it's not a buzz, it's more like a chk-chk-chk. It only happens when I am using the radio, it doesn't happen with SAT at all. Sometimes I can drive for miles without hearing it, but then sometimes it happens every couple of minutes. Have anyone else heard this or is it my old-age hearing? :)
Ive heard a higher pitched sound similar to that only when playing CD's - however it's not all cd's..but it defintely is annoying..

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Hey, I am new here and have a Black SLT. I have been to the dealer 3 times and at the second, they installed FOAM? It went away for a day and came back with a vengeance! The speaker blew? Third service appointment the problem was again fixed and is back? It is also more prominent and frustrating when I plug in my IPOD through the system. I have tried the different EQ settingd on the IPOD, flat, off etc. and it is just awfull. It is now buzzing on the passenger door as well??? I will make another appointment and bring this TSB in, hopefully they will fix the problem

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.