Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
hello everyone.. I was wondering if anyone knew if you could keep the remote lock from activating the horn.
I believe so. Should be in the owners manual. If I remember right mine was off and I turned it on... girlfriend didn't want me sneakin' in at night... just kidding!
If you don't see it or don't have a owners manual write back and I'll look it up.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
With the ignition "on" scroll thru options on steering wheel controls (top left button) until you get personal settings. Here you can change the settings.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That information you'll find in the sticky of this sub-forum. Right at the top in RKE preferences. If you had done a simple search of "remote locks horn" you would have found the answer.

I KNOW HOw TO USE A SIMPLE SEArCH..... I FIGURED I'D GET PERSONAL AND ASK AN OPEN QUESTION...... THANKS FOR WASTING YOUR TIME ON ME, MR MODERATOR...:i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone else... for not trying to tear me a new one for not USING THE STUPID SIMPLE SEACH..... I dont think it hurts anyone to ask a question.... Isnt this a DISCUSSION forum....??????????? or is it a SEARCH FORUM???

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Yes, but when people start asking the same exact question on a daily basis it congests the forum and gets very cluttered very quickly. If everyone would just take a couple minutes to look and search for your question before posting you can JOIN that DISCUSSION instead of having 10 different mini discussions. THANKS :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
So I read this forum quite regularly. I will admit there are posts that I have not read, but I haven't seen that question asked before. And I'm pretty certain that it hasn't been asked many times over. For me, I didn't even know about that option. I found the information useful. In the end, that's what this is about. Sharing useful information.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
So I read this forum quite regularly. I will admit there are posts that I have not read, but I haven't seen that question asked before. And I'm pretty certain that it hasn't been asked many times over. For me, I didn't even know about that option. I found the information useful. In the end, that's what this is about. Sharing useful information.
I think we all need to remember that not everybody is as familiar with the workings of this forum as the moderators and the long time posters. A while back I was hit with a less than kind reply to a personal e-mail message over not searching a question before asking it (not anyone on this thread). I was shocked because I didn't even know about the search feature plus the thing that made this forum better than the others was... everybody had wanted to help. I now just ignore all questions that member posts and never reply to his questions.
Hopefully the bulk will always be understanding.
A nice answer and a explaination of the search feature would probably better serve this forum... but that's just my opinion. :(

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
This particular question may have not been asked previously, but the answer can be found on the forum. Also, in the Newbie Check-In forum there is a sticky on Forum Etiquette. It is highlighted that there is a internal forum search function. If this doesn't adequately serve the forum please advise what additions or changes would make it more user friendly.

There is so much information already on this forum and questions have be repeatedly asked over and over and answers have been provided just as many times. In this particular situation the requested information and more was provided, however, a response of "yelling" was not necessary.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Don't want to draw anyones ire but at the top of this section is a thread entitled EVIC description & operation. Posted 1/15/07 that answers the question asked in this thread, & it contains no yelling. expressing your concerns is fine & sometimes even needed. But can't we all just be friends. my .02 Dan:beerchug:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts

HORN CHIRP DISABLING / ENABLING

The horn chirp can be toggled using the scan tool or by using the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter.

To DISABLE (cancel) the horn chirp feature, press and hold the transmitter LOCK button for four to ten seconds. While pressing the LOCK button in, press the UNLOCK button. Release both buttons.

To ENABLE the horn chirp feature, repeat the above procedure.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Don't want to draw anyones ire but at the top of this section is a thread entitled EVIC description & operation.
The RKE instructions don't work on my RT, and I have some additional options not listed in the EVIC section (such as Illumination Approach, whatever the hell that means).

Also, has it occurred to anyone that most people aren't going to have the slightest idea what EVIC means?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
The RKE instructions don't work on my RT, and I have some additional options not listed in the EVIC section (such as Illumination Approach, whatever the hell that means).

Also, has it occurred to anyone that most people aren't going to have the slightest idea what EVIC means?
Illumination approach is when you unlock your vehicle via RKE and your headlights turn on as you walk up to your vehicle.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HORN CHIRP DISABLING / ENABLING
The horn chirp can be toggled using the scan tool or by using the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter.

To DISABLE (cancel) the horn chirp feature, press and hold the transmitter LOCK button for four to ten seconds. While pressing the LOCK button in, press the UNLOCK button. Release both buttons.

To ENABLE the horn chirp feature, repeat the above procedure.
for future reference:

The instuctions given above are for enabling or disabling driver door 1st lock.
The driver door will unlock only on first press of the RKE. (default) You can change the setting so that all doors unlock on first press.

To enable / disable horn chirp on lock, use the above instructions, except use the PANIC button instead of unlock.

hold down lock for 4 seconds but no longer than 10, then press and hold the panic button while still holding the lock button. Releace both buttons..
horn chirp on lock is now diabled / enabled.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.