Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of questions about the U-connect feature.

1. My salesman said it came with U-Connect. However, I knew from research that this was false, and at the time I didn't think I would want to add it. And sure enough, when I picked it up......it didn't have U-connect...just the buttons for it.

2. If I install U-Connect will I be able to use the buttons on the radio or just the extra fob that they give u?

3. Assuming the dealer installs it, will my calls come through the speaker system or will they mount external speakers (ughh!)?

4. What is it running u guys to get it installed afterward?

Thanks....Oh, and I'm posting some pics (hopefully) of my new rig! woot!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Extra fob? I'm not sure there is anything like that with any version of Uconnect.
Read thru the forum a bit. Seems like I remember there being 2 different versions of the Uconnect. One uses the factory buttons on your stereo & the other comes with some other buttons. One has an optional mirror with a mic in it & the other has a different type of mic. But both play over the stereo. Most dealers don't know nearly as much about either Uconnect system as some of the guys in this forum.

I picked up a Garmin C550 GPS instead. Costs about the same & it has Bluetooth handsfree built into it.... and it works over the stereo. Plus I get MP3 playback (off 2 gig SD memory) & GPS turn by turn functionality too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.