Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand this module is for handsfree bluetooth cell phone operation, correct? Anyone know when it will be available? Cost? Practicality? Other uses for the feature?
Thanks

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
I understand this module is for handsfree bluetooth cell phone operation, correct? Anyone know when it will be available? Cost? Practicality? Other uses for the feature?
Thanks
The UConnect is a fully integrated option from factory that uses a special rearview mirror. You can also get this added by dealer and it will come with a module with buttons instead of the mirror. There is talk that the dealer added does not integrate as well as factory but no sure word yet..You can find the price of the option on Dodges site.

·
Registered
421 Posts
This is one of the best options for the price.:D I commute over an hour and I am on the phone alot. I dont think I could ever go back to an ear peice while driving. So if you havent put in your order I would recommend the factory install. If you have your nitro and use a phone alot go for it as well.

JMHO:)

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Yep, I wish I had it in my car..I dont use my phone TOO much but itd defintely be convenient and safer..Im considering getting the dealer installed option - just need to get straight answers about how it integrates into current system and EVIC

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yep, I wish I had it in my car..I dont use my phone TOO much but itd defintely be convenient and safer..Im considering getting the dealer installed option - just need to get straight answers about how it integrates into current system and EVIC
For some reason, the dealer-installed version is completely different from the factory version. It does not integrate with the EVIC or steering wheel/radio buttons at all. If you eventually get the navigation radio it will not allow for voice commands. I wouldn't bother with it.

I may eventually try to piece together the factory version (one of the reasons I want the service manual) and install it myself. Here is a thread with some more information, and I'm hoping it's just as easy in the Nitro:

http://www dodgeforum com/m_75291/tm.htm

(I can't post links apparently, so you'll have to decipher that yourself, it's missing a couple of dots.)

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was told that with the standard stereo system that the UConnect will not bolt up to it so I would have to purchase an upgraded stereo also. Is there any truth to that?
As no one has reported that they have done this yet on their Nitro, anything is possible. But as far as I know, there are only two versions of each of the radios available: with or without Sirius. Because of that, there doesn't appear to be a radio to upgrade to.

·
Registered
202 Posts
If you order MyGig, you get UConnect, right?
If you order the MyGIG from the factory, I believe it includes UConnect. That's what allows the voice-input. Interestingly, Dodge's Equip & Price web site doesn't currently include the MyGIG as an option for some reason, so it's worth confirming with your dealer if you're ordering as something may have changed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
When i bought my car i thought i had uconnect. long and behold i didnt. I have been to four different dealerships and searched the web for the exact word on uconnect. As of current, uconnect is a factory install only. the aftermarket uconnect that we keep reading about was designed for the caliper and dodge ram. The after market uconnect for the nitro has not released yet. (thats why its not in the mopar parts cat). There doesnt seem to be any confirmed release date, but from my understanding it is a redesign from what the other dodge lines use vs the nitro.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you order the MyGIG from the factory, I believe it includes UConnect. That's what allows the voice-input. Interestingly, Dodge's Equip & Price web site doesn't currently include the MyGIG as an option for some reason, so it's worth confirming with your dealer if you're ordering as something may have changed.

The UConnect feature is included with the MyGIG option from the factory according the the Dodge website, catalog and two local dealers. I don't have any idea if UConnect is available from the parts catalog.

I confirmed that the U.S. Dodge website still shows the MyGIG as an option on the "Build & Price" page for the Nitro.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just orderd my nitro today after a week of lying from one dealer..... the Mygig was not out yet, if you look in the nitro book it says it is delayed. Well the new dealer i went to today put the order in for me and it went threw so he said if it was still on delay they wouldnt of took the order. Mygig does include uconnect in the mirror. you can soon update your radio but you will not have the mirror or get the 8 speaker and sub woofer upgrade. thats the whole reason i decided to wait 6-8 weeks for mine and order my truck with it installed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.