Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Try to connect my iPhone 7
But it says u- connect not available, not sure what my options are trying to use Bluetooth for my music
Car Automotive design Vehicle Audio equipment Auto part

·
Registered
134 Posts
Create an account on mopar.com.
Add your nitro to your "garage" by entering your vin number. Then you can click on the "vehicle equipment" link and see how it was equipped from the factory.

On mine, on the "Standard" page it says "Radio 130" which is the simply the RES 130 head unit. Has all the buttons but no u-connect or bluetooth modules installed so it says "unavailable" just like yours when I push them. You can add the modules separately, or upgrade the head unit.

FYI, the mopar.com site does not always work well with the chrome browser, I use firefox to access it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks that’s awesome I’ll do that, by reading others I think I might have to get a module or upgrade my stereo

·
Registered
134 Posts
There is a confusing array of combinations of head unit names.

Just a few are:

REQ
REN
RER
RES
REW
REP
REZ
RHB
RHR
RHW
RHP
RBZ
RB2

430 430N
730 730N

They changed throughout the model years.

RES can use an external Uconnect module, no navigation
RER has built-in Uconnect module and navigation
RHB used an external Uconnect module (optional), has navigation
RHR has built-in Uconnect, has navigation
RBZ used an external Uconnect, no navigation

If you want to be able to stream bluetooth, then you need a 2011+ RHR unit. Prior years, even with bluetooth, could not do streaming.

RER units were offered from 2007-2011 MYs, but changed a lot.
RER 730N had Navteq maps by Harman Becker
2007 - 20GB Hitachi hdd
2008 - 30GB Samsung hdd
2009 - iPod integration added
2010 - only updates
2011 - RER phased out
all RER have built-in UConnect, bluetooth, SiriusXM

RHR 730N - replaced the RER 730N Navtech by Harman Becker, not sure the new map source
2011 - 30GB Samsung hdd, 2x rear USB
2012 - only 1x rear USB
2012-2013 - 40GB Hitachi hdd, needs antitheft code in donor vehicle
all RHR have built-in UConnect, A2DP (streaming bluetooth), SiriusXM

Some of the variations have to do with geographic regions:
(even w/o nav):
REN 430 - for NA
REZ 430 - for outside NA
RBZ 430 - for NA
RB2 430 - for outside NA

with nav:
RER 730N - NA maps
REW 730N - Europe maps
REP 730N - S. Africa maps

RHB 430N - NA maps by Garmin, available with and w/o Sirius

RHR 730N - NA maps
RHW 730N - Europe maps
RHP 730N - other world maps

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow that’s a lot of information just to upgrade, maybe I should look at getting a module haha

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not yet I’ll check in on it tomorrow,
Thanks for your help I appreciate it

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was in the exact same boat. There are some really nice factory upgrade options if you want to keep the stock appearance.

I decided to completely remove all the factory audio and replace it with a Kenwood head unit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If I were you, I would waste any more time, or money, trying to utilize the outdated factory radio. For about $250 - $350, you can get a pretty decent Android Auto, or Apple Car Play, head unit, with steering wheel control, if you have them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, I think that might be my only option or Maybe something like this………Nulaxy FM Bluetooth Transmitter for car, Strong Microphone Bluetooth Car Adapter with 1.8" Color Screen for Hands Free Calls, Supports QC3.0 Charging, Treble and Bass Sound Music Player- KM30 https://a.co/d/hF4Pxd9

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks, I think that might be my only option or Maybe something like this………Nulaxy FM Bluetooth Transmitter for car, Strong Microphone Bluetooth Car Adapter with 1.8" Color Screen for Hands Free Calls, Supports QC3.0 Charging, Treble and Bass Sound Music Player- KM30 Amazon.com
You know, you could just plug your phone into the AUX cable port on the front of the radio, and play music directly from your phone. That's what I'm currently doing. You can even make calls, and hear the person over the speakers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea I have an iPhone adapter but it’s kinda of a pain, also cuts in and out just looking for different options
Thanks for your help

1 - 19 of 19 Posts