Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Nitro Addict!
541 Posts
Can it be bought

Yes, you can buy it separately, but I don't know how hard it is to install. Since it is an add-on to the radio, check to see if the radio you have will accept the U-connect first.

You will also need to replace the rear-view mirror, as it has the microphone built-in on the U-connect models.

Good luck, the U-connect is a great feature and I show it off to all my friends. It is so much safer to just push one button and say "Call Joe Shmoe", than fiddling with a cell phone and driving with one hand.

· Nitro Addict!
541 Posts
Late night reply

I would think you can get the part number from Dodge online, but if you can't I will get it for you tomorrow. I know a General Manager at a Dodge Dealership and he drives a Nitro himself.

It is too late here and I should have turned this computer off hours ago.

Let me know if you can't find the number and I will see what I can do.

· Registered
6 Posts
Add on uconnect

I just returned from the dealer with uconnect added. I love it. The Nitro we bought did not have uconnect and just had the basic SLT single disc radio. They added part number 82210083 to get uconnect added. I use the existing buttons on the radio. The only visible part they added was the microphone up in the drivers side corner of the windshield (A Pillar??). I am sure they added other things behind the dash cause they scratched the dash putting things in and did not get it all put back together right. No attention to detail. But uconnect works great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.