Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've got an SLT with the 6 disc CD system and Sireus Radio. Will the UConnect work with this system or do you have to have the GIG? system with the GPS.

When I hit the phone tab on the dash, it says something to the effect of "UConnect not available". However, my mirror has the two buttons you can push and it makes a green light come on the rear mirror.

So I guess my questions are? Do I have UConnect?

If not...If I purchase it (for the 275 bucks it shows on the Dodge website), will it be compatible to the stock 6 disc CD system I have?

Lasty, if anyone uses the UConnect, how well does it work?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

X-Cane

·
Registered
202 Posts
Unfortunately, no, you don't have Uconnect. The button on the rearview mirror is to turn on and off the auto dimmer. Even more unfortunate, is that the factory version cannot be added very easily, and the dealer installed option doesn't work the same as if it were installed by the factory. Now, if you did have it installed at the factory, it would be compatible with the 6 disc radio you have.

See http://www.nitroforumz.com/showthread.php?t=222 for a little more information.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does anyone know if the uconnect factory install will be available as a dealer install. Curently the only thing available is the aftermarket mopar install wich doesnt utilize the speaker system or existing buttons. the factoy install is clean and sweet. the mopar adds a small control panel to your dash but looks out of place and sticks out about 1/4 of an inch.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Does anyone know if the uconnect factory install will be available as a dealer install. Curently the only thing available is the aftermarket mopar install wich doesnt utilize the speaker system or existing buttons. the factoy install is clean and sweet. the mopar adds a small control panel to your dash but looks out of place and sticks out about 1/4 of an inch.
For what it's worth, I had the Mopar U-Connect. Which, contrary to what others say about it's performance, it worked good enough for me. The dealer sent me to a audio shop that specializes in every area of audio and video for cars/trucks. I told the guy doing the install, that I wanted the U-Connect to work with the car audio speakers, so that when a call came through, it owuld auto mute the music, and I could take the call. He did an excellent job I must say, even making the actual module look integrated with the bezel on my old Caliber. But I do want the factory U-Connect for my Nitro. It's a MUST HAVE!:D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Does anyone know if the uconnect factory install will be available as a dealer install. Curently the only thing available is the aftermarket mopar install wich doesnt utilize the speaker system or existing buttons.

I ordered my nitro awhile back and the uconnect option was available.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
The kit you're looking for is an 82210083. It is the dealer installed accessory kit. List is $299. Per a bulletin to the dealers - "On 2007 Sebring & Nitro vehicles, the voice recognition and U-Connect selections for RES and REQ radios will only work if the vehicle is equipped with the factory installed U-Connect. You can also call 877-855-8400 to verify your phone is compatible with the Mopar U-Connect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.