Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my nitro is now going back to the shop again! This time we were driving and we were like 70 miles away from home and the car felt like it slipped and then the light for the throttle control and emissions came on and stayed on. We got to where we were going for the night and shut the car off and got up this morning and were on our way. The throttle light went off but the other one stayed on all the way home. Shut the car off for like an hour and then restarted it and that light went off too. But we are still bringing it in tomorrow because I now refuse to drive "Christine" and now am finding other transportation to take hubby to work tomorrow and child to school until this peice of junk is fixed for good! Trust me, the dealership is not going to like me at all tomorrow. I really do not want it back now until they fix it and fix it right.:4-jump2: :mad: :( :Racing: :loser1:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I don't know how your lease works , but seems to me it's time for them to put you in a new Nitro. Take this one off the street till it is fixed.You must be a very patient person to not have lifted a scalp by this time.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trust me.... I am so mad right now! Husband called the dealership this morning to let them know we were going to drop it off for them to work on and get a loaner car, they told him "well, the computer must have restet itself seeinghow the lights went off and are no longer on, keep driving it and if they come back on come on in"! Hubbby blew a gasket at him and told him that we were like 70 miles away from home and that it happened on a saturday night and where do you go at 7pm and there are no dealerships around and that they are not even open that late or on a sunday, that we were scared ****less and that we could have been stranded out in the middle of nowhere in freezing cold weather with a 5 year old in the car and that now my wife refuses to drive it at all. He then again repeated to keep driving it.... I am now looking up the main phone# for dodge and calling them again to see what they tell me.......... I am so mad right now over this. I hate my car and am scared to drive it because you never know what it is going to do. I will let you know what they tell me.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I called the dang 800# and was told to do what I feel I need to do. He said if I want to go with what the dealership told me then just wait and see or call the dealership back and make an appointment to bring it in. He did say he totaly understands how I feel and if I feel more comfortable bringing it back in to do so. He documented the call and gave me the case# in case I have to call back on this issue. So tomorrow morning it goes back in again for the third time.:shakehead:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
When you get to the dealer tell him you want the number for the district rep. & call him seems more things happen with them than calling Dodge directly. Do not let the dealer give you aline tell him you want the reps number He might cry but he will give it up.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
When you get to the dealer tell him you want the number for the district rep. & call him seems more things happen with them than calling Dodge directly. Do not let the dealer give you aline tell him you want the reps number He might cry but he will give it up.
I agree with this advice. You have to get to a real person with some authority. The 1-800 # is really nothing at all. I'm not really sure why they even have that 1-800 # to tell you the truth. I guess it's so they can track a complaint?????... but they seldom send you to any answer and they don't know anything there.
Keep working up the food chain of real people and eventually you should get someone who wants a good rep!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got down there this morning at 7:30 to drop it off, the service guy that we delt with was pretty informative and told us that he is seeing alot of this lately and said he would call us and let us know what's up. They gave us a half way decent loaner it is a PT Cruiser Convertable. It is ok to drive but I do not think I would want to own one. No leg room in the back seat at all. I wish it was warm here so I could enjoy it being a convertable. I have always wanted one! LOL

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
picked it up, it was yet another computer problem. They reset it and put another 20+ miles on it, did not wash it like I asked and my car was in the back of the lot with some others that looked like mine, it did not have the window tag in it so I had to sit and press the lock button on the key to figure out which one was mine! LOL I so hope that I do not need to bring it back in again for a 4th time! We are now avraging 2 weeks between appointments for things going wrong with it. Told hubby today if something else goes wrong with it I am going to sell my soul to get some money to get another car from honda. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.