Dodge Nitro Forum banner

What do you have, or want to have?

Up, Down, Stock, Other? POLL

4K views 25 replies 22 participants last post by  chithead 
#1 · (Edited)
Would you rather have a Lifted, Lowered, Stock, or Other suspension?
What do you have, or plan to have?

I Plan on going Up about 2" or so. Just a little more clearance for the mountains.

I was not sure if this should be posted here or in the Poll forum. So, I took a chance...
If this is in the wrong forum, Please move it to the Poll forum.
Thanks...

#4 ·
Well, I don't really have any plans to "leave the pavement" but that doesn't mean I won't need to at some point. Regardless, one day I'd like to lower my Nitro...whether I'll ever have the extra money to do that, who knows.

Don't get me wrong, the Nitro handles and corners very well...like night and day compared to my Outlander. But it could handle even better with it lowered! :chuckle:

#12 ·
I'm definitely planning on keeping it stock. When I get the itch to mod something, I've got my Wrangler.

However, if I was going to do something it'd be a tough call.

To Raise: On the one hand, I'd want to raise it several inches, drop the 20" rims for some 16 or 17" cheap aluminums and toss on some mudders after hacking off chunks of the wheel well and that lower air dam. That'll get me some decent extra clearance when going off the beaten path. I could throw on a brush guard and tack on additional lighting, maybe a winch. The downside is that there is no getting around the fact that the Nitro is not designed as a dedicated offroader, the most noticeable testament to that is the lack of 4Lo.

To Lower: The Nitro can look pretty sick lowered. Get some bling-bling rims and nice tires, toss bzaudio's system in the back and ground effects in the undercarriage. Tint out windows. Find a custom shop to fab up a body kit and snag some euro-style lighting. Downside is that you lose any shot in hell of taking that thing off the road, not to mention heading to home depot and loading up on concrete and supplies for the next project.

Stock: Boring, but cheap. I'm a big fan of cheap.

I think the Nitro is one of the few cars that would look really good either way, as long as you commit to it.

- Aaron

#16 ·
Well, not lifted, not lowered, nor stock ! I vote "other" !
Just bilsteins for a stiff ride !!!
:( I have to import them from US 'cause in Europe they do not have on sale this part no...

#18 ·
I plan to leave it stock, here in Mexico the streets are like mountains, but you need also good handling. Lower the nitro its not an option, about lifting there's no need since mine is not 4x4 so it won't make it too far in the mountains :shakehead:.

I would love to lower mine, it would look sick but this is no an option and I have no money :)

#21 ·
well im not a lift fan but i get it and respect it. i think the nitro looks awesome stock and you cant say that about alot of vehicles. i got my RT back in June and i had it lowered a few weeks ago and i am loving it.

#23 ·
What do you say we add some Pic to this thread?
Here is my lift next to a stock ride.
Mark your ride id definitly a "TRUCK" will be nice when you do the Xcase.

I like the ride hight of my Nitro as she is set up to be a little Street Machine I plan on putting 20"x10" on the back and 20"x9" front to fill the wheel well and give her a wider footprint...by playing with the offset a little.

#24 ·
i plan on slamming it i want to at least but cant find good bags yet

Reactions: NITROVER
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.