Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,709 Posts
Well look who it is..long time no post...im in florida now :) not sure how the mygig updates, but my guess would be a downloadable file you burn to a CD or a file you can put on a jumpdrive..but these are just guesses that i know some other manufacturers do..most updates are free, or at least for a year or so!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well look who it is..long time no post...im in florida now :) not sure how the mygig updates, but my guess would be a downloadable file you burn to a CD or a file you can put on a jumpdrive..but these are just guesses that i know some other manufacturers do..most updates are free, or at least for a year or so!
I've been lurking, but since I decided to wait on a purchase until the 2008's come out (hoping many of the bugs of a first year vehicle get worked out), I haven't had much input.

How's the RAT treating you? You're in for a treat in a few months, I don't think Texas has humidity like Orlando, it feels like someone punches you in the chest when you walk out the door!

I know GPS's have come a long way, but three years ago a buddy of mine bought an infiniti (I think, he has since sold it) with one and to get it updated, he has to take it to the dealer and they have to do it....to a tune of $400.00.

·
Registered
413 Posts
in the "navigation users manual" it states:

both navigation and Gracenote data are software updatable.Visit www.chrysler.com/mygig or contact your DiamlerChrysler Dealership for the latest software

i will look over the CD booklet that packaged the 4 CD's that contained the maps that were loaded into the MyGiG know they have the manufacturer name and a phone number but i really did not look it over much more then that

if i find anything out i will post later today

thats all i know sofar

·
Registered
469 Posts
Well if it's anything like the way my RB1 is, they come out with a new disc every 6 to 12 months, and the stealership charges around 175 to 200 for the disc.....I would love to see chrysler do a downloadable update, but I really don't see that happening because I'm sure they make too much money selling you an upgrade

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,709 Posts
the RTs out now have pretty much been solid machines as well as most of the SLT/SXTs being built now...

The internship is going well actually..Texas most defintely has bad humidity and it doesnt bother me one bit!

I plan on getting certified (scuba) soon! Know any good places I can go w/o cert (discover scuba/resort dive) close (1-2 hours) from orlando?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check out your very own "living seas" exhibit ratville. I think they have an introductory thing there. Your only a few hours from some of the best diving in the world in Jupiter and West Palm Beach. Try Jupiter Dive Center at http://www.jupiterdivecenter.com/

I'm actually working with out commercial leasing company (they lease us our work van) about an "executive lease" on a nitro so I can check the tax advantages of having my business own it. I'll let you know. The mygig is really growing on me, although I thinks it's overpriced, I think I'm willing to pay it since I spend so much time on the road (about 20,000 mi per year)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
When I had the M/B ml350 they sold you a new cd about every year for updating. Same parent co. can't believe they would change their policy they make too much off of the updates. monkeyman is right along about july ,august gets a little sticky down there. Oh yea glad you are back posting again monkeyman.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.