1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6D91CDD0-E437-4A3D-8F6B-3ACB5DA491C6.jpeg
45F44683-3403-4678-A875-3B5A6F463ABF.jpeg
F9F2116F-C425-4A08-A06D-883C6BB95329.jpeg
These lights are great. They are Xprite brand and I purchased them on Amazon. They look great and install easy. These are the second pair of halo fogs I have installed on my vehicle to upgrade the stock ones. The first pair had a halo made up of numerous leds. They were not ccfl and did not put off a lot of light. They slowly started dying out one led at a time and eventually half the ring quit working so I do not suggest anything other than ccfls. In my opinion they are the best on the market at this time. The amount of light put out by the halos alone is amazing. When you turn the actual fog lights on it illuminates a wide swath and projects a great distance.
These lights are advertised for an 07-17 Jeep Wrangler but the Dodge Nitro has some interchangeable parts with the Jeep line. The brackets that come with the lights are made to fit directly into the factory fog light hole in the Wrangler so the bracket will not work on the Nitro. But if you take out the stock Nitro light and use the stock Nitro bracket, the fog light will snap right into the holes on each side of the bracket and the adjustment screw will also fit into the correct position on the Nitro bracket. I did have to enlarge the adjustment screw hole maybe a 1/16" of an inch so I wasn't forcing the screw through it. Once in the bracket they fit correctly into the stock hole in the bumper. The plug that comes with them plugs into the stock Nitro plug although I did have to flip it over as the directions state might need done in certain applications. The yellow wire is for the halos and it can be wired to your parking lights, blinkers, headlights or just a switch depending on how you want them to turn on. I have ccfl halos already on my headlights so I wired the halos all together so they all come on with my parking lights. The fogs work independently from the halos by turning on the fog light switch. The directions are pretty easy if you have some general knowledge of how to remove and reinstall and basic wiring skills. Remember that you are messing with auto wiring and some vehicles like the Nitro do not have a fuse for the fog lights. They are controlled by a computer and if you don't know what your doing you can cause damage a lot worse than a blown fuse so check your electrical to make sure what you are doing will first of all work and if it will work make sure you are doing it correctly.

Attachments

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,538 Posts
Looks great!
Well done on the install,
Are the new fogs LED on the inside?
Can you get a Pic at night with just the fogs on?

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,584 Posts
I'm hooked!

Reactions: Heat3.7

·
Registered
33 Posts
If i were to attempt this, what wiring issues are you warning us about? I myself have no knowledge of woring but i know some people that can do a little bit. Is this something that would be complicated? My girlfriebd has these on her jeep and i want some on my nitro!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is not any real warnings I’m giving. Knowing how to do some wiring would help but you can find info on it. All I did was used the stock fog light plug to plug into the new fog lights. The halos run off a seperate wire so that can be wired however you want like to a separate switch or to turn on with the parking lights or headlights etc. For example, if you want the halos to turn on with the parking lights than you will need to find the wire that gets power when the parking lights are on. I am unable to go look at my Nitro right now to see what color that wire is. If I am remembering correctly the location is in the plug that goes to the headlight. It doesn’t matter which parking light you pull the power from for the halos. I used my driver side parking light for the power. Let me know if you have more questions and I can try to help more. I will try to get a couple pictures of where the wires are and where the connections were made if i can get a chance. If you get the same fog lights I did the plug for the fog light will plug into the stock nitro fog light plug. Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
219 Posts
hi to all, I am writing from Italy. I have a dodge nitro 4.0 rt 4x4 year 2008. I have a problem with fog light. sometimes they turn on other times not, or they blink. I checked some black wires but nothing ... please can you help me? sorry if I do not write well but I'm using the translator. if you have photos or anything, I thank you so much. Please help me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please help me
I couldn’t really be of much help because the lights I have plug into the factory harness. If I were you I would look up a fog light wiring diagram for your vehicle and trace the wires until you find the issue. It could be in the switch, or the BCM (body control module) or it could be the plugs at the lights or the sockets the bulbs go into could be corroded and dirty.
It’s hard to troubleshoot without having the vehicle in front of me. I wish you luck and hopefully you can find the issue.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hello, anybody purchased these?

Morimoto 4”

yep, the price around $200 is painful, but they seem to be decent quality and there are Christmas soon ( and with EU working on weapons ban, my portfolio of father’s gift is narrow)

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
443 Posts
Can anybody confirm Xprite on top have the typical fog light pattern? Sharp horizontal cut that cuts under the fog preventing glare?
I’m not interested in any flood light pattern.

thank you

·
Registered
11 Posts
View attachment 23245 View attachment 23248 View attachment 23247 These lights are great. They are Xprite brand and I purchased them on Amazon. They look great and install easy. These are the second pair of halo fogs I have installed on my vehicle to upgrade the stock ones. The first pair had a halo made up of numerous leds. They were not ccfl and did not put off a lot of light. They slowly started dying out one led at a time and eventually half the ring quit working so I do not suggest anything other than ccfls. In my opinion they are the best on the market at this time. The amount of light put out by the halos alone is amazing. When you turn the actual fog lights on it illuminates a wide swath and projects a great distance.
These lights are advertised for an 07-17 Jeep Wrangler but the Dodge Nitro has some interchangeable parts with the Jeep line. The brackets that come with the lights are made to fit directly into the factory fog light hole in the Wrangler so the bracket will not work on the Nitro. But if you take out the stock Nitro light and use the stock Nitro bracket, the fog light will snap right into the holes on each side of the bracket and the adjustment screw will also fit into the correct position on the Nitro bracket. I did have to enlarge the adjustment screw hole maybe a 1/16" of an inch so I wasn't forcing the screw through it. Once in the bracket they fit correctly into the stock hole in the bumper. The plug that comes with them plugs into the stock Nitro plug although I did have to flip it over as the directions state might need done in certain applications. The yellow wire is for the halos and it can be wired to your parking lights, blinkers, headlights or just a switch depending on how you want them to turn on. I have ccfl halos already on my headlights so I wired the halos all together so they all come on with my parking lights. The fogs work independently from the halos by turning on the fog light switch. The directions are pretty easy if you have some general knowledge of how to remove and reinstall and basic wiring skills. Remember that you are messing with auto wiring and some vehicles like the Nitro do not have a fuse for the fog lights. They are controlled by a computer and if you don't know what your doing you can cause damage a lot worse than a blown fuse so check your electrical to make sure what you are doing will first of all work and if it will work make sure you are doing it correctly.
Looks great

1 - 12 of 12 Posts