Upgrade Factory Fog Lights

Discussion in 'Custom Dodge Nitro Interior and Exterior Lighting' started by RainierRT, Sep 28, 2017.

1. RainierRT

RainierRT New Member

Vehicle:
    Nitro
    Trim:
    R/T
    Color:
    Bright Silver Metallic
    6D91CDD0-E437-4A3D-8F6B-3ACB5DA491C6.jpeg 45F44683-3403-4678-A875-3B5A6F463ABF.jpeg F9F2116F-C425-4A08-A06D-883C6BB95329.jpeg These lights are great. They are Xprite brand and I purchased them on Amazon. They look great and install easy. These are the second pair of halo fogs I have installed on my vehicle to upgrade the stock ones. The first pair had a halo made up of numerous leds. They were not ccfl and did not put off a lot of light. They slowly started dying out one led at a time and eventually half the ring quit working so I do not suggest anything other than ccfls. In my opinion they are the best on the market at this time. The amount of light put out by the halos alone is amazing. When you turn the actual fog lights on it illuminates a wide swath and projects a great distance.
    These lights are advertised for an 07-17 Jeep Wrangler but the Dodge Nitro has some interchangeable parts with the Jeep line. The brackets that come with the lights are made to fit directly into the factory fog light hole in the Wrangler so the bracket will not work on the Nitro. But if you take out the stock Nitro light and use the stock Nitro bracket, the fog light will snap right into the holes on each side of the bracket and the adjustment screw will also fit into the correct position on the Nitro bracket. I did have to enlarge the adjustment screw hole maybe a 1/16" of an inch so I wasn't forcing the screw through it. Once in the bracket they fit correctly into the stock hole in the bumper. The plug that comes with them plugs into the stock Nitro plug although I did have to flip it over as the directions state might need done in certain applications. The yellow wire is for the halos and it can be wired to your parking lights, blinkers, headlights or just a switch depending on how you want them to turn on. I have ccfl halos already on my headlights so I wired the halos all together so they all come on with my parking lights. The fogs work independently from the halos by turning on the fog light switch. The directions are pretty easy if you have some general knowledge of how to remove and reinstall and basic wiring skills. Remember that you are messing with auto wiring and some vehicles like the Nitro do not have a fuse for the fog lights. They are controlled by a computer and if you don't know what your doing you can cause damage a lot worse than a blown fuse so check your electrical to make sure what you are doing will first of all work and if it will work make sure you are doing it correctly.

Attached Files:

Deen, Metaldog and Scar0 like this.
  2. Scar0

Scar0 Khaki Nitro Nut Moderator Member Relations NOTM Winner!

Vehicle:
    07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Light Khaki Metallic
    Looks great!
    Well done on the install,
    Are the new fogs LED on the inside?
    Can you get a Pic at night with just the fogs on?

3. RainierRT

RainierRT New Member

Vehicle:
    Nitro
    Trim:
    R/T
    Color:
    Bright Silver Metallic
    Yes they are LED on the inside and yes I will get a picture at night as soon as I can. Thanks

Scar0 likes this.
  4. Metaldog

Metaldog Well-Known Member NOTM Winner!

Vehicle:
    2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4 3.7L
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Brilliant Black
    I'm hooked! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Deen

Deen Well-Known Member NOTM Winner!