Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to show you my new upper A-arms, the work is still in the process, but I'm getting there. The goal was to get better ball joint angle on lifted nitro. Also the new arm has replacable ball joint just like JBA. I also discarded original bushings and went with custom poly ones.
Another option was to order JBA or RRO arms, but they were too pricey after shipping and taxes.

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,278 Posts
Doesn’t look that bad.
But with the ball joint being spaced more away from the control arm itsef, your wheels are more than likely going to end up with some positive camber. I flipped the ball joint on my JBA UCA’s and even after an alignment, and I still had positive camber. (Took them a little while to try to get it adjusted properly but ended up doing the best they could)
I may have found a way around the ball joint flip and getting the camber back to spec....but I don’t really want to share that info until I have done the modifications myself and tested it

·
Registered
1,278 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I got my cambers right by making lower control arm slots longer. Only downside is that eccentric bolts can not be used turing wheel alignment.
Have you found any bigger cam centric bolts yet? If so please keep us updated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts