Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gentlemen.
I would like to complete a B8 swap into my 07 Nitro. What is the most common donor vehicle and what size engine? 318? Also, what are some resources for doing this swap? I can’t be the only one that wants/has done this conversion. I want all accessories to work as if it were a factory install. Possibly from an all wheel drive Jeep with a V8? A Durango or Dakota?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Regardless of what engine/ trany you swap into the Nitro, it is the programming of the computers which would be a nightmare. They control almost everything, and everything is interconnected.
I'm sure it can be done, but if you want to spend that much $, just buy the rig that already has what you want in it.
Old school engines will not work in a computer controlled rig like the Nitro. Not if you want all the other things to work. Like the spedo, ABS, ESP, fuel pump, radio, windows, Trany, etc.
Others have talked about swapping in a Hemi, or other engines, but I have not seen anyone who has done it. With the 1 exception of the SEMA Nitro.

Pic from here. http://car-cc.blogspot.com/2006/10/2006-sema-show-hemi-powered-dodge-nitro.html

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I'm waiting on a winning lotto ticket! I'll go Nitro Hellcat for just for fun. 707+ HP just for fun. o_O

Someone was asking for volunteer rig for a HEMI swap. I don't know if it gained any traction.

If you can make the engine and trans work, the rest can be manually made to work with relays ditching computer use. :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want to know what we can do... I have a 3.7 and would love a V8 upgrade....I want to know what is our cheapest upgrade to another 100+hp minimum

·
Registered
2007 R/T
89 Posts
Wont' be legal in CA.

I imagine you'll start off w/a 2WD Nitro? Would be easier.

Anything is possible w/enough time and money.

Be easier to get a 4.0L R/T and maybe put a turbo (or SC if they make one?) on it.

·
Registered
2007 R/T
89 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts