Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hope someone can help me. A couple days ago I started my 2009 nitro SE 4wd 3.7L up in the morning and rolled the windows down. Later that evening, I went to roll the windows up and the battery was dead. Don't know why. Just that sudden. Hooked up jumper cables, let it charge from them for about 3 minutes and it started right up. Now that red light, which in the cluster says it is the Vehicle Security Light is blinking kind a fast. When I turn the key on the light comes on with the other lights and in a minute it goes off with the other lights. It stays off until I start the engine and after about 15 or 20 seconds it comes back flashing. I change battery in my fob key and put a trickle charger on the car battery until it said it is fully charged. But nothing works to get the light to go off like it used to be. Still blinking fast. Anyone tell me how to get it to turn off?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Welcome to the forum @PapaJoey. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Do you have a factory alarm? That is how the lights works when the alarm is set.

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,427 Posts

Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!
BTW... Post a pic of your Nitro when you can.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Did you do a full reset?
Didconnect Neg battery cable for some time. If you have to recharge, while battery is disconnected. Some Nitro errors will not clear unless power is totally disconnected.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you do a full reset?
Didconnect Neg battery cable for some time. If you have to recharge, while battery is disconnected. Some Nitro errors will not clear unless power is totally disconnected.
Yes. Did that for about 15 or 20 minutes. When I hooked it back up the horn beeped once. Light till flashing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum @PapaJoey. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Do you have a factory alarm? That is how the lights works when the alarm is setting.
How do i get to the newbe section to say hi? When I click on the "newbe" it takes me there, but I don't see a place to comment? And "yes" it is factory

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do i get to the newbe section to say hi? When I click on the "newbe" it takes me there, but I don't see a place to comment? And "yes" it is factory
Ok figured it out. Got pic and all. Now if I could just figure out the problem with my Nitro this easy :-D

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
What can I say it was late last night. LOL
Glad you got it sorted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts