Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a bit of a budget and can't find much on overland builds I have a 2008 3.7l 4x4 nitro. Getting my rooftop tent and just kind of trying to make a shopping list for lift and suspension any kind of upgrades that I might need any help or ideas is greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
On a bit of a budget and can't find much on overland builds I have a 2008 3.7l 4x4 nitro. Getting my rooftop tent and just kind of trying to make a shopping list for lift and suspension any kind of upgrades that I might need any help or ideas is greatly appreciated thanks
Far as suspension goes I have 2.5in blocks they are cheap like 200 bucks there are long travel kits but those are more pricey if you want much outside of that it's all custom but you can fold the seats down and sleep two there I've done it it's not too bad .of anything suspension interchangeable with the liberty of the same year far as I know what else are you interested in. Good to see another one interested in doing fun stuff with their nitro

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Far as suspension goes I have 2.5in blocks they are cheap like 200 bucks there are long travel kits but those are more pricey if you want much outside of that it's all custom but you can fold the seats down and sleep two there I've done it it's not too bad .of anything suspension interchangeable with the liberty of the same year far as I know what else are you interested in. Good to see another one interested in doing fun stuff with their nitro
I'm getting a rooftop tent so I'm wondering if anyone has built a kitchen box for the back and what kind of electrical I might need to hookup maybe an auxiliary battery setup that charges when the car is on and then at the flip of the switch I can change it to the auxiliary battery only for power just basic stuff it's me and my wife and my daughter is 5 months old so I want to make it as comfortable for them as I can

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm getting a rooftop tent so I'm wondering if anyone has built a kitchen box for the back and what kind of electrical I might need to hookup maybe an auxiliary battery setup that charges when the car is on and then at the flip of the switch I can change it to the auxiliary battery only for power just basic stuff it's me and my wife and my daughter is 5 months old so I want to make it as comfortable for them as I can
I'm just not sure because everything I've been reading about putting blocks for suspension upgrade seems like you need to upgrade other parts so it doesn't overextend on the ball

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
there is an old thread on this very subject, i try and find it for you

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
here it is, you may want to go back a few pages

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok as long as your blocks are small ish like my 2.5in they will wear a tiny bit faster now as far as a back kitchen goes I haven't seen one on the forum yet but haven't looked their are some custom pull out drawers and for auxiliary power if you have the rear cargo top you could put some flat Lipos and a inverter and run the charging equipment under the trim

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
here is a thread about 2.5" lift it was by ScarO his rig was used as a prototype,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts