Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
527 Posts
You have two choices, a device called the MyGIG LockPick or the FreeGig (AllGig) by NAV-TV. I'm looking into this same issue now and leaning towards the Lockpick. For one, it's cheaper plus I can add a camera into the system.

Click here for more info on the Lockpick. The NAV-TV site is way old and no info on the new USB AllGig or other parts.

· Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to butt in, but why question his motives? If there are least 2 products on the market to enable this functionality, obviously there is a desire for this to work and people feel like there is a valid reason.

Personally, if my wife wanted to watch a movie while I was driving, it would be no more distracting than someone talking to me, kids playing in the backseat or the phone ringing.

Each person has to use their own judgment.

· Banned
10,113 Posts
I have been quiet on the sidelines here, but for those people who are against cell phones and text messaging while driving, what is the difference between those activities and watching dvds while driving? It is all distracting and unsafe.

· Registered
4,968 Posts
I have been quiet on the sidelines here, but for those people who are against cell phones and text messaging while driving, what is the difference between those activities and watching dvds while driving? It is all distracting and unsafe.
that's why the feature is disabled when the vehicle is in motion. bypassing this feature is like using a table saw without the safety features! :mad:

· Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
It's only a matter of time before talking on a cell phone while driving is banned. Talking is one thing but texting is just downright absurd.

· Join!Resistance is futile
15,667 Posts
It's only a matter of time before talking on a cell phone while driving is banned. Talking is one thing but texting is just downright absurd.
it is in NY unless its a blue tooth or the like but I see it every day :i_rolleyes:

· Registered
527 Posts
I'm buying one so I can allow my wife to watch a movie while on the long road trips. I played a movie on the way up to Norfolk VA this weekend, I only listened to it, but nice to hear it at least. There are states that it is legal, and about 12 states that are not legal to have a front view dvd screen. If you live in one of the legal states, (NitroTech can back this up) you should be enabled via the state of purchase of the vehicle and MyGig. FL is on the no-go view list. The LockPick site has a list of the states.

Suzanne is not answering PM's or her forum, so I'm going LockPick w/backup camera.

· Registered
1,314 Posts
Are we going to start seeing Nitro wrecks on the insurance commercials now? The only screen you should be watching in right outside your windshield. Of course I did enjoy the GranPrix windshield display showing the speedometer and radio settings.......Worked well at night.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.