Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
07 Dodge Nitro RT 4.0
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Dodge Nitro RT 4.0. The other day I had the water pump replaced and it costs $560 They did not change my timing belt the next day my car lost power and now I can't get it turned over. I had someone hook it up to the computer and it said it was the timing belt. Should that have been changed at the same time and can I go back to the dealership and have them change it Free of charge? The mechanic told me he had taken it off and put it right back on.
Thanks Krist

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat, 4x4, 3.7L V6
55 Posts
I have an 07 Dodge Nitro RT 4.0. The other day I had the water pump replaced and it costs $560 They did not change my timing belt the next day my car lost power and now I can't get it turned over. I had someone hook it up to the computer and it said it was the timing belt. Should that have been changed at the same time and can I go back to the dealership and have them change it Free of charge? The mechanic told me he had taken it off and put it right back on.
Thanks Krist
I don't believe it would have been considered necessary to change, but definitely highly recommended. I don't think you can get it done free of charge, but you can always ask them to do so, worst they can say is no.

I would ask them if the belt looked worn and why they didn't call you and ask if you wanted the timing belt changed since it is commonly done at the same time.

Best of luck to you!

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,637 Posts

Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!
BTW... Post a pic of your Nitro when you can.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks Krist
Yes they should of replaced it.if water pump went out the belt got wet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes they should of replaced it.if water pump went out the belt got wet.
I do not know what water pump replacement kit they purchased but mine came with the belt and tension pully for the timing belt replacement. Any formidable mechanic would replace both at same time since normally when the water pump goes your belt will get wet and weaken.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts