Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chrysler is working with the seat vendor to eliminate the problem of wavy leather on the driver and passenger seat cushion. The leather on my front seats started appearing wavy even before I reached 1000 miles. Like the leather stretched a lot and created ripples. I'm sure most of you with leather seats have this condition.

· Registered
74 Posts
My driver seat is doing that as well, but only under my right leg. :shakehead: I just broke the 1000 mile mark. I really don't want them to stretch the leather to get rid of the wrinkles because the leather is so soft that it would probably happen again.

· Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed this in all the Nitro's I looked at. Some are worse than others. Wonder if Dodge will do anything for those of us that have this problem. ?:confused:
I would contact the dealer you bought the car from and file a complaint. I'm not sure if this is considered a warranty issue.

I wonder if the R/T has different leather than the SLT.

· Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
You can almost tell when you compare the RT and the SLT that the stitching alone causes that wavy look. There are two types of leather on the SLT that also appears to seperate from each other. And the leather looks really soft on the SLT compared to the RT. But I am NO expert here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.