Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suprised my wife for Christmas by buying her a new Black SXTon the Monday after Thanksgiving. I took her 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport with only 23k miles on it and traded it in for the new Nitro 6 speed while she was sleeping. I left her a note saying that I would be gone for a few hours while I was having her Montero fully detailed inside and out. I came home with the new Nitro and she was quite suprised. It took her about 20 minutes to believe that it was her new 6 speed truck. Well since then we got the windows tinted, 4 new Toyo Proxes ST 255/45VR20 tires mounted on BOSS 316 20 x 8.5" Super finish wheels. Today I just addes a Cat back CGS exhaust system with full stainless steel muffler which is only about 1/3 the size of the factory setup. It sounds great. As soon as the weather gets a little nicer and the Nitro is freshly washed, I will post some pictures of it on the forum.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Burnermaker, You know with all that modificaton going on that we are going to have to see some pics. I was noticing the other day how the rear tires do seem to sort of hide under the fenders (looking from the back). Makes me want to put on some larger ones. Waiting to see yours...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello,
As far as the window tint goes, we got the back 5 windows tinted one shade above limo. The 2 front doors we had done one shade lighter than the other 5. I am not sure of the tint shades, but we decided to go with a little bit lighter on the 2 feont doors to help see at night. My wife said that the others including the back window have not been a problem at night. Hope this helps in your decision.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Dave,
I live in Bethlehem, PA. We can feel a little more power. We like the look and sound of it. It was worth the $. I am waiting for someone to come up with a cold air intake. I think that it will help the engine breathe better and with the new exhaust, not be so restricted. It already has better pickup with the less restricted muffler.
Scott

·
Registered
421 Posts
Just check out your gallery pictures...very nice:D even with out the cleanup.

By the looks of things you are a very generous husband but with maybe some of your own secret motives for doing that;) .

I hope you get to drive it some as well. enjoy and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Dave,
The exhaust is 2.5". You can email me with your phone # and we can hook up so you can hear the exhaust. I will try and reach you privately to give you my email address.
Thanks,
Scott

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.