Dodge Nitro Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey y'all, I'm new here, but wanted to put in my 2 cents in this topic. Background: I own three 2007 Dodge Nitro's. All 3 have over 200k on them. All 3 are used to deliver mail and packages (my wife, my son and me all work for the postal service). As such, we all drive about 5 hours a day and turn our Nitro's on and off at least 30 times a day. Once they warm up, they are all vulnerable to this hanging start issue. I have been replacing thing on the wife's Nitro to try and overcome this issue. I have currently installed new spark plugs, new coils, a new throttle body, PCV valve and crankshaft position sensor. None of these things has fixed the issue. I guess the next thing to try will be a new TIPM module.

·
Registered
07’ SLT 4x4 Lifted, 3.7 auto
690 Posts
As stated in previous posts, the fix is a new fuel pump relay. The easiest temporary fix that’s in theory permanent lol, is the aforementioned bypass kit

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok. Here's a wierd update. I haven't replaced anything yet but I did find that the last time it acted up I turned the ignition to the run position, waited for all the dash warning lights to go out and then turned the key to start, which it did without a problem. Since then the car hasn't had any troubles starting. I told my wife, she did it and now also has had no issues either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
More specifically, the last light illuminated on the dash to go out is the red ignition system warning. I started the car 1 or 2 seconds after that light went out. I'm going to see how long this lasts and will update.

·
Registered
07’ SLT 4x4 Lifted, 3.7 auto
690 Posts
Keep us posted. You’ll pay for it but yes, the new tipm is the ultimate solution lol BUT, correct me if I wrong anyone, this causes no real problems or damage? Just turn off and re start and no harm no foul?

Reactions: Scar0
61 - 66 of 66 Posts