Dodge Nitro Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for this post. I was able to get a weed eater line about 2 feet into my front passenger side but it didn't unclog. Then I grabbed a small flexible straw, stuck it in the hole and hit it with my air compressor. Drains great now. On to trying to find the rear drains because we seem to get water in the back seat too

·
Registered
5 Posts
Huh. Looking at the technical diagram the rear drains don't seem to be accessible. Has anyone found them without a year down? I'm poking around all over but can't find them yet

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
check out the pics from ScarO in the first couple of posts, the holes go sideways rather than downwards, when proding the holes be careful not to force the rubber drainage tubes off of the sunroof frame, as you will need to get behind the headliner to re-attach them.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,742 Posts
Huh. Looking at the technical diagram the rear drains don't seem to be accessible. Has anyone found them without a year down? I'm poking around all over but can't find them yet
I have not really looked for mine. Usually folks have issues with the front ones because the Nitro tends to be tipped nose down a little.
Fingers crossed you did not blow off the tube with the air...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Sometimes you will get water stains on the pillars there just from the condensation off the drain.... atleast thats the case here in NC with 100% humidity for the summer.... ugh..... i have to clean my liner there periodically from this. I have had water dripping from my map lights twice.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had some water pooling up and dripping down inside the cabin at the rear hatch just last night. I have no sunroof, and have already pulled the rails and silicone applied at the studs in case there was corrosion and leaking there. I pulled the trim and found the headliner was wet, so I got to thinking and wondered if it was leaking around the CHMSL (third brake light). Pulled the light off, and found no weather stripping. Wasn't very wet either, so dug around a little more and found water was running down behind it and along the wires and rear spray nozzle line. I threw some RTV on both around the seals, and am hoping that will stop it. The weather stripping has no holes in it that I could find, so that seems to be the likely culprit. I've been fighting with the staining and damp interior after heavy rain since I got the car but couldn't figure it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had some water pooling up and dripping down inside the cabin at the rear hatch just last night. I have no sunroof, and have already pulled the rails and silicone applied at the studs in case there was corrosion and leaking there. I pulled the trim and found the headliner was wet, so I got to thinking and wondered if it was leaking around the CHMSL (third brake light). Pulled the light off, and found no weather stripping. Wasn't very wet either, so dug around a little more and found water was running down behind it and along the wires and rear spray nozzle line. I threw some RTV on both around the seals, and am hoping that will stop it. The weather stripping has no holes in it that I could find, so that seems to be the likely culprit. I've been fighting with the staining and damp interior after heavy rain since I got the car but couldn't figure it out.
I have the same exact problem !

21 - 30 of 30 Posts