Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I accidentally ran over a huge rock while out off roading. I thought I just broke the air dam but when I took the air dam off, I noticed more parts behind the air dam is all broken also. What are these called? Is it going to be a costly fix?

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,536 Posts
OOPH! Ouch! That was a pretty hard hit in order to break the cross member like that.

Sorry to say it, but that looks like a body shop estimate is in order. It appears that you may have some structural damage to the vehicle, and that is not just a regular afternoon repair job.

Wish I had better news, but I can't say much more. :(

Reactions: JPthekid and Scar0

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Metaldog i have a friend that works in a shop and he told me to call before bringing it in. I’m just wondering how much this would be, roughly?

It was a pretty ((big)) rock under some long grass🙁

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,305 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Skyy. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Looks like the bumper sub frame, Trany cooler/ and brackets, maybe the condenser. Can't see under the rig in your Pics but if the radiator support/cross member is bent then that can add up quick.

Reactions: JPthekid

·
Registered
07’ SLT 4x4 Lifted, 3.7 auto
670 Posts
I’d be surprised if that AC condenser isn’t leaking at that joint where the line comes in..... add a vacuum and recharge in if that’s the case..possibly new coil... .hard to tell but as Scar said it looks like that radiator support mayyyyy be warped... hopefully they can pull it out and fix that bracket.... you’ll be able to tell after the fact if it has trouble being aligned ( ur alignment is most likely off now as well) or starts eating tires even after all’s fixed........ could get costly but since he’s ur friend u may get lucky lol. Def not an afternoon DIY job as Metal said..... keep us posted

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@JPthekid
i just had it looked at today. Nothing is leaking so that’s good. Front parts are just cosmetic damage, still drives fine but it would be nice to get it fixed. Steering, however, I will need the rack and pinion changed.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
quick cheap fix is a breakers yard or ebay

Reactions: Skyy and Scar0

·
Registered
07’ SLT 4x4 Lifted, 3.7 auto
670 Posts
Sounds like u may have dodged a bullet! I agree with @Nitrogen , find sumn used at the junkyard or EBay to stay cheaper

Reactions: Skyy and Scar0
1 - 8 of 8 Posts