Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TSB's are Technical Service Bulletins. They are issued by the manufacturer (i.e. Dodge) and are most common on first year models or model redesigns. They're there for our good to help us and dealers identify problems thats might have been overlooked during production. TSB's are not the same as recalls though. TSB's do not affect all vehicles and not considered major safety risks to the consumer. TSB's usually include more detail on how to fix the problem, parts needed, etc. TSB's are also only covered during your vehicles warranty where as recalls are generally covered for the life of the vehicle so be sure to get your vehicle addressed ASAP.

How do you get your TSB dealt with? The best way is to find the TSB online and print out the complete text including the #. Then be prepared to know exactly what, when, how, where your problem occurs so that you can tell the dealership this as its very important. The dealer needs to know the problem should be fixed by the TSB as Dodge pays for the work - not the dealer - and the need to know they arent paying for nothing. Your best bet is to call or go into your dealer - explain your problems your experiencing and state/show them the TSB. They should be happy to take a look at it and do the work.

TSB's will be posted in the TSB/Recall section of our forum as they are released :)

Hope this helps to explain things. Any techs, service advisors, or dealers feel free to chip in if I left anything out or need more clarfication :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
hey NitroWill... I was wondering.. I have a Nitro SXT Cpkg auto trans... manufactured 11/06... How do I know if the TSB's apply to my car...? In the case of major issues, such as power failure, I wouldnt want to wait for something horrible to happen!!! thanks for you time..!!

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey NitroWill... I was wondering.. I have a Nitro SXT Cpkg auto trans... manufactured 11/06... How do I know if the TSB's apply to my car...? In the case of major issues, such as power failure, I wouldnt want to wait for something horrible to happen!!! thanks for you time..!!
Since TSB issues are not present in all vehicles you unfortunately have to experience the problem to know if your effected. You can always go to a dealership and have them check things out and tell them your concerned with {insert tsb here} but more then likely they will not do anything. Just check the symptoms on the TSB to see if you are experiencing the same thing, print it out, and take it into the dealer if you are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.