Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had some good compliments on my ride and was wonderin' about the rest of you. A teacher at my child's school stopped me and opened the door and said "Can I look inside, oh by the the way what is it? it's the neatest ride I've seen in a while! Then I was pullin in at work and a lady stopped me and said "What is that you're driving? That's a tuff lookin ride! Please tell if you've heard good or bad.

· Registered
72 Posts
I've been asked numerous times what I'm driving, had mega-babes in a BMW checking it out (made me feel good anyway, you know, living vicarously through my Nitro). I have only seen one other on the road since September (a Red one) and a saw a green one at the Dealer two days ago with VA tags on it. I'm not understanding why there are not more of them on the road.:pepper:

· Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
I have only seen one other on the road since September (a Red one) and a saw a green one at the Dealer two days ago with VA tags on it.:pepper:
Impossible you saw a green one. Valid colors in 2007 are Red, White, Blue, Orange, Silver, Black and Khaki. I don't think Chrysler is spending much on advertising the Nitro. I haven't seen many commercials for it. Then again, I don't watch TV that much. Advertising goes a long way. That's why you see many dumbfounded looks. Not many know people about it!

· Registered
1,019 Posts
Might be the green one is a repaint to someones taste, but the commercials have had me baffled all along they don't tell anyone anything.But on the other hand people stop me all the time to ask about & look the Nitro over.

· Registered
136 Posts
I've seen a ton of advertising for the Nitro. From TV to magazines, to sponsoring certain sporting events and tv specials. There are quite a few on the road here in SoCal. I travel quite a bit around the 'Greater Los Angeles area' and have seen different color and model combinations.

· Registered
72 Posts
Impossible you saw a green one. Valid colors in 2007 are Red, White, Blue, Orange, Silver, Black and Khaki. I don't think Chrysler is spending much on advertising the Nitro. I haven't seen many commercials for it. Then again, I don't watch TV that much. Advertising goes a long way. That's why you see many dumbfounded looks. Not many know people about it!
I have a slight color vision problem, the "green" was really khaki. I saw another one at the dealership in better light and could tell it wasn't green and that it was more of a tan/green (khaki).

I went to Ocean City, MD on January 13, 2007 (66 degrees and mostly sunny so why not) which is 30 miles from where I live. I spotted two other Nitros while there, a khaki one heading north around 15:00 and then I spotted a red SRT sitting in the parking lot at the south end of town. Since there was an open parking spot I just had to park next to it with hopes of getting to meet the owner. I took a picture of our buggies to post to the forum since finding more than one at the same place/time is very unusual event. Enjoy! (BTW -- I never met the owner of the red beauty since I left before they did.)

· Registered
72 Posts
Um, that red one is an SLT.
Guess that color vision is effecting your reds & blacks too, eh ;)
Now I'll be the first to admit that I have made a lot of mistakes in my life and this could very well be another too but I thought for sure that it said SRT on the back of it. I do know that it had heated seats because I could see the holes in them. But as I said I have been wrong in the past. I was still a nice ride regardless.

I never had any problem picking out camouflage in the Army because of my color vision deficiency. It seemed like netting and whatnot stood right out.

1/15/07
*****It would appear that I was bigtime confused about the initials - SLT was correct on the back of the Red beauty that I saw in OC and I apologize for sounding like a babbling idiot. I should know better.*****

· Registered
788 Posts
Yea, wonder if the guy who owns the red one will stop by & see this thread....... he'll be like, "Hey, that looks just like my truck!"
I guess it could have been painted. I suspect that will be done quite a bit down the road.

· Registered
96 Posts
I've definitely had a lot of compliments on it. We had our first snow storm (you might call it that) on Sunday and while I was out driving it I actually seemed to get more looks than when it's clear outside! Lots of looks and lots of questions from people. I love it!:ura1:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.