What other Cars do you have Lurking At home ???

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussion' started by X29 JET, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Nitrogen

Nitrogen Well-Known Member NOTM Winner!

Hi, i used to have a Mazda RX7 with the rotory engine, which one day a TIP decided to fly out and caused a huge amount of damage Inside the engine. 20 years on and the RX8 uses the same engine and there are loads for sale needing engine repairs, they are an amazing engine but the TIPS must be changed every 50,000 miles, they wear down and then fly out into the combustion chamber.

"meder24" great looking car.

2. BearlyNitro

BearlyNitro Nitro Addict!

Vehicle:
    Nitro 4x4
    Trim:
    R/T
    Color:
    Bright Silver Metallic
    It is a real shame that Mazda has not been able to engineer a solution to the rotor tip seals on their Wankel Rotary engines after 40+ years. 50,000 to 60,000 miles is all you could expect from them back in the 1970's, before they would start burning a quart of oil with every tank of gasoline. Back then, hardly no mechanics could rebuild them, except the dealership, due to specialized tools needed and the expertise, or know-how, so it cost a small fortune to get them rebuilt. It is probably not much different today, with only a very small number of mechanics who know how to work on them, or rebuild a rotary engine, so the cost is probably still higher than the rebuild on a piston engine, even though there are very few moving parts in the rotary engine design. Not a practical engine choice, but they sure are fun to drive.

Still, since my Karmann Ghia will not be driven every day, and since it will not be my only vehicle when (if) ever I get done restoring it, it does not matter much if the engine only lasts 50,000 to 60,000 miles, as I will never live long enough to put that many miles on it. Then it is the kids problem of what to do with it, after I am gone. :chuckle:

3. mprldy1

mprldy1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nitro
    Trim:
    Heat
    Color:
    Brilliant Black
    IM002587.JPG Here are our other rides: Green one is a 1985 W-350, red is 1990 W-350 and the silver one is 1989 W-250, all Cummins Turbo diesels. Now you see why sitting on ground is difficult for me to get used to.

Tammie likes this.
  4. Tammie

Tammie Active Member

Vehicle:
    Nitro 2011
    Trim:
    Heat
    Color:
    Blackberry Pearl
    I had so much fun going through this thread and looking at everyone's other cars. I was surprised the Nitro isn't really tied to that die hard Mopar fan like other models. I am a true Mopar girl. I have the Nitro and Challenger Hellcat and my daughter just got a 2015 Dart Rallye for her birthday. My Dodge dealer seriously loves me.
    image.jpg image.jpg

5. Tammie

Tammie Active Member

Vehicle:
    Nitro 2011
    Trim:
    Heat
    Color:
    Blackberry Pearl
    I couldn't edit my post. There are so many awesome other cars on here. I wish I would have popped on sooner because a lot of the pictures aren't accessible anymore. Not a lot of members on anymore either. Sounds like there were a lot of characters around here. Hope to see a few pop on once in a while.

6. SnoopyIsMyHero

SnoopyIsMyHero Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Nitro 3.7 4x4 stock
    Trim:
    SLT
    Color:
    Electric Blue
    Other stuff in the driveway:
    My '68 Baja
    My '85 GT
    My daughter's purple '74 tintop Westy named Jake
    My '79 Transporter named Ducky (saving for my grandson:))
    I won't ride Mrs. Bullwinkle but that is my front yard she's in so that kinda counts, right?

Attached Files:

Metaldog and Scar0 like this.
  7. Hori

Hori Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Dodge Nitro 3.7 V6
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Bright Silver Metallic
    802306C1-8805-4528-9595-4980582403A6.jpeg Rx8 bought it new in 2007
    We don’t drive it much mainly sits in the garage