Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the R/T with 20" wheels, what is the wheel and tire size? Looking at up sizing the ones on a SXT.:confused:

·
NitroZ is the place to be!!!
1,459 Posts
Dodge Nitro Wheel Sizes

For the 20" Wheels the tires are 245/50R-20

Attached is a pdf with the full specifications for all models.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tires

For the 20" Wheels the tires are 245/50R-20

Attached is a pdf with the full specifications for all models.

Hubby and I are talking about the 16" wheels then just add more rubber - I like seeing the bigger tire in tire size not wheel size. both from the old school of small the wheel the less the tire cost. I heard the other day that 17" wheels you could expect 250.00 per tire - at

·
Registered
159 Posts
both from the old school of small the wheel the less the tire cost. I heard the other day that 17" wheels you could expect 250.00 per tire - at
I know that to be true too, but it's just so counter-intuitive, you'd think the less rubber they need to use, the less expensive the tire!

·
NitroZ is the place to be!!!
1,459 Posts
That would be really cool and since they are being knocked off as we speak, I am sure that would not be a problem!

G

·
on the R/T with 20" wheels, what is the wheel and tire size? Looking at up sizing the ones on a SXT.:confused:
To answer your question regarding the R/T wheels, they're 20x7.5" with a what I believe is a 5x114.3 PCD (bolt pattern) and offset of 35mm.

I've found a few brands and styles of aftermarket wheels in 20", 22" and 24" to fit the Nitro already. There will be many more to choose from in the near future, I'm sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just make sure you keep the same diameter. These are the dodge issue rim options.

225/75R16 = 29.3in
235/65R17 = 29.0in
245/50R20 = 29.6in

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hubby and I are talking about the 16" wheels then just add more rubber - I like seeing the bigger tire in tire size not wheel size. both from the old school of small the wheel the less the tire cost. I heard the other day that 17" wheels you could expect 250.00 per tire - at
The problem with the 16" stock wheels is "rim width". The steel 16's are 7" wide rims and the alloy 16" rims are even narrower... only 6.5". The sad thing is especially with the 6.5" rim it makes it virtually impossible to keep the stock wheels and just go up to a size or two wider tire for a better look. And if you have to buy rims it's hard not to look at the 20's!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Speaking of srt 10 wheels, I found a set of the night runner black 22's with toyo proxies 2 that I am thinking about getting for mine. I will keep you posted on how they fit if I do happen to get them.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Speaking of srt 10 wheels, I found a set of the night runner black 22's with toyo proxies 2 that I am thinking about getting for mine. I will keep you posted on how they fit if I do happen to get them.
Aren't those 5x5.5 and unless you use an adapter the 5x114.3 (5x4.5) Nitro rotors won't even come close to fitting.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The problem with the 16" stock wheels is "rim width". The steel 16's are 7" wide rims and the alloy 16" rims are even narrower... only 6.5". The sad thing is especially with the 6.5" rim it makes it virtually impossible to keep the stock wheels and just go up to a size or two wider tire for a better look. And if you have to buy rims it's hard not to look at the 20's!

you could fit 245/70r16 using your factory 16x7 wheels with any kind of problem, you could even use 16x6.5 due that is the minimun width suggested to use with this tire size, beiogn 16x8 the max suggested.

This tire is almost the same height of the OEM 20's

245/50r20 29.64 in.
245/70r16 29.50 in.

without any lift kits and using OEM 16" wheels, as far as I know the tallest tire you could use is 245/75r16, I don't know if 235/80r16 will rub

check this thread http://www.nitroforumz.com/showthread.php?t=10838

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here in Australia i priced the 20's just for curiosity and so I know how much i will have to fork out when i need new ones and the only place I rang before I got back up off the floor was Jax Tyres and they had 2 brands available with out too much hassle Goodyear and Bridgstone not sure which model but 245/50/20 were $500 odd and $600 odd not sure which was which but the 22's I can get for about $300 so I know where I will be spending the money.

Also a good website for tyre size comparisons is

http://www.tiresizecalculator.info/ put in your size and and it will show other tyres with a close rolling diameter you can use the slide bars for larger rims and also for a closer tolerance in diameter.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My SXT came with the 16" alloys - but I tow my motorcycle a lot - as a matter of fact, that's why I have a car at all. After adding coolers, engine and transmission chips, cold air intake, low-restriction exhaust, hitch and harness, the SXT was really unstable on corners. The Eibach spring kit lowered the car, but was even more unstable with a load on the back. After some investigation, I added Avon Ranger 235/70-16's and removed the spring kit, and the SXT became a very different and much more controllable vehicle. After 42,000 miles, the tires are still good, and (with R/T antisway bars) very good in any weather I've experienced. Still got about 1/2 the tread left, too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts