Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first of all, the nitro is perfect as it is, but there are little details i would change. Like the fake sidevents, at least make them look more realistic. Then the big plasticpiece on the rear bumper, i know... its to protect the bumper from scratches when you put stuff in your trunk, but thats what the load'n go (kinda) is for. I also wish the nitro had projector lights like on the range rover... that would look awesome. :Racing: Don't get me wrong... I love it as it is, but noone's perfect :D

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Here is my short list of improvements:

1. Offer 6-speed manual and 5-speed auto as opitions with all engines/ models (dump the 4sp auto.

2. Eliminate the lower air dam and go with a bumper more like the Liberty

3. 2-speed transfer case

4. Limited slip differentials

5. V8 option--- even if it is not a Hemi, any V8

6. Optional HD suspension for all models

7. Power seats optional on all models

8. Optional skid plate set (same one from the '08 Liberty)

Ken

·
Registered
152 Posts
1. Automatic headlights - that is one thing I miss from my old truck - I hate having to remember to turn on my lights

2. Auto Unlock the doors when you put it in park

I agree with KenCary on his list also.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The list is long but we will keep it simple:

Remove the stupid roof rail system for people that don't want it.

Made the Load-N-Go system removable

Modify the footwell to fit a normal size person

V8

Modify the wheel well to be about 2" longer to accept slightly larger tires without major modification

fix the crappy shoulder belt so that it does not wear the plastic around it from pulling it out

separate the high beams from the fog lamps so they can both work at once

add a lower grill to protect the oil / transmission coolers

Offer real chrome rims instead of the clad garbage

Prep the cars better before paint to give a better finish (less orange peel)

I'll stop there but could go all day long.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1. Automatic headlights - that is one thing I miss from my old truck - I hate having to remember to turn on my lights

2. Auto Unlock the doors when you put it in park

I agree with KenCary on his list also.
I agree... I never remember thats its not automatic... wouldnt that be really easy to fix by dodge? Just by adding that info to the cars system???

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
improve the nitro

I agree... I never remember thats its not automatic... wouldnt that be really easy to fix by dodge? Just by adding that info to the cars system???
install a heater that works properly, inst a auto trans that shifts properly a more positive torq converter, plus one that does not shudder, so simple but chrysler and ther dealers donot care. cliff

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
What Ken said. Especially about the 2 speed transfer case, so when pulling/ backing a loaded trailer, you don't have to smoke the clutch to go slow.
Have the ability to completely turn off the ESP. I could live without the V8 option.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I guess my bitch is simple compared to most. I would like smaller A post,I hate that big blind spot, and also move the rear view mirrow up a little. Seems like every time I go around a sharp turn the mirror blocks the view. I know stop the whining, after all I own a Nitro.:D

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
First off, don't feel like you're whining or complaining ... that's what this Thread is all about ... "what would you change or improve"!

That said .....

• A V-8 option would be nice. A small one. Dodge V-8 setups sound soooooooooo nice! (Of course, said V-8 would need to be fuel efficient! Not like a Hemi Ram @ 13mpg freeway!!!)

• Don't supply sub-standard stuff ... the 4-speed auto is sub-standard.

• Make other tranny/engine combos available at all levels. I'd like a good 5-speed automatic with autostick option.

• Pay more attention to the "minor" stuff ... trim, paint, potential rub spots, etc.

Can't think of anything else, really.

Okay, who's next???

(BTW, good thread, dukes! :rep:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Remove the roof racks.... V8 sounds good but not now because of the gas prices... Create more aftermarket products for the nitro... bigger windows.. I feel like I am in a hummer... moon roof in the back... More speakers...add a subwoofer that comes stock on the SXTs. Oh.. and have it talk to me.. That would be awesome. And OH CRAP handles in the front. . . That's it I think...

·
Registered
312 Posts
I guess my bitch is simple compared to most. I would like smaller A post,I hate that big blind spot, and also move the rear view mirrow up a little. Seems like every time I go around a sharp turn the mirror blocks the view. I know stop the whining, after all I own a Nitro.:D
I have my mirror pushed as high as it will go & tilted down a little. I don't typically notice it when I look to the right & I'm 6' tall. :Racing:

·
Registered
312 Posts
the changes I would make are...
- higher quality plastic interior pieces that don't scratch up so easily
- side view mirrors that stick out a little more
- rear wiper that is not only intermittent
- console is a little awkward to operate using right arm (needs to be moved forward a little)
- front seats & pedals moved about 6 inches to the rear
- eliminate the air conditioning from automatically turning on when the re-circulate button is pushed
- load n go on all models (unless it sucks) I don't have it
- rear wiper arm flip out to clean all of window with squeegee
- a whole lot more testing before releasing vehicle to the public
- auto down on both front windows
:Racing:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Here is my list and would never actually change a thing on the one I have but would be cool to see in the future.
At least 4.8L or 5.7L Hemi option - could be their SRT 8 - would love a Hemi
No plastic trim - paint or chrome only
No side vents - could be left if changed a little
Skyview sunroof - I know it would be like the Liberty but they are FREAKIN SWEET!
Remove roof rails - make them an option

·
Registered
647 Posts
Full power front seats w/ memory option available for seats and mirrors.

Auto Headlights

A little higher quality interior materials.

6 speed manual option on the R/T

Optional small 3 row seat instead of Load and Go, just big enough for a couple
of kids, not adults. i guess the spare would have to be moved to the tailgate
for this option and i hate that look.

Rear Hatch with window able to open separately

I think most of these should at least available if not included on a V6 truck that
stickers in the low 30's.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts