Dodge Nitro Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would like to have the throttle body open faster when I step on the gas. I don't like the delay between steping on the throttle and the truck starting to move.
I could use a little more head room too, my Nitro has the sun roof and it makes me lean the seat back a little more than I like. IMHO

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Just say "no" to the "learning transmission"

Oh ... another thing: DUMP the "learning transmission" thing ... the computer is supposed to "learn" the way you drive, and adjust how it shifts accordingly.

Problem is, it doesn't! If this were a student, it would be getting a "D" or worse!

Give us a properly programmed transmission, and better yet, allow for 2 or 3 pre-fab settings, such as "Economy Mode", "Sport (or Tow) Mode", and one in between. I would likely always be in "sport mode", and would know that power would always be there when I needed it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Get rid of the roof rails.
Too much plastic trim outside.
Re-design the front bucket seats as they are the most uncomfortable seats I have ever had in any auto that I have owned:eek:. The bench seat in my 86 Chev Surb is far more comfortable.

·
Registered
312 Posts
the changes I would make are...
- higher quality plastic interior pieces that don't scratch up so easily
- side view mirrors that stick out a little more
- rear wiper that is not only intermittent
- console is a little awkward to operate using right arm (needs to be moved forward a little)
- front seats & pedals moved about 6 inches to the rear
- eliminate the air conditioning from automatically turning on when the re-circulate button is pushed
- load n go on all models (unless it sucks) I don't have it
- rear wiper arm flip out to clean all of window with squeegee
- a whole lot more testing before releasing vehicle to the public
- auto down on both front windows
:Racing:
I also think the Nitro's sold in Canada should have change slots for toonies & loonies in the console. :Racing:

·
Registered
180 Posts
V8 Option!!! (Hemi??)

Separate the Fog and High beams definatly!

Removable Load and Go also a good one already posted

And I dont know how but it seems when I make a right hand turn the rear view mirror blocks half the view so i find my self trying to look around it not sure how to fix that but it would be nice...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Fix the console cover so it opens sideways like my old Durango did. Too awkward the way it opens now. Next a computer upgrade to fix the gas mileage AND fix the damn tranny so it goes into fourth around 45 or 50 mph. And drops into 3rd easier on demand.

·
Registered
23 Posts
1. Upgrade the interior - all that hard plastic is ugly
2. make ride more smoother, the r/t has a bumpy ride like a truck
3. add a fifth wheel on the back door for spare tire like other suvs, instead of under the vehicle. Also, make it available for 20 inch rims. The dealer says that the spare is a compact spare, I would like a full size spare.
4. auto lights

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
1. Upgrade the interior - all that hard plastic is ugly
2. make ride more smoother, the r/t has a bumpy ride like a truck
3. add a fifth wheel on the back door for spare tire like other suvs, instead of under the vehicle. Also, make it available for 20 inch rims. The dealer says that the spare is a compact spare, I would like a full size spare.
4. auto lights
I like the Nitro spare where it is because a rear-mounted tire sometimes interfers with towing.

This weekend, I wanted to use my '06 Liberty CRD to tow my boat and I could not get the hitch on the ball as the bottom of the spare tire is only 5" or so above the ball.

I will have to buy a receiver extender, but this upsets tow geometry. The other choice is to remove the spare while towing - also not optimal.

IMO moving the spare off the rear door was a big improvement for both the Nitro and the '08 Liberty.

The other problem with rear mounted spares is that a mild rear end collision wipes out the rear hatch as the tire sticks out beyond the bumper. As a secondary feature, the spare helps absorb impact in the event of a more serious rear-end collision if it is mounted horizontallybehind the rear bumper as it is the Nitro.

BTW, I have the 17" wheels and it apears that I have a full-size spare. I recall that the full spare was part of the towing option. I think you can fit one in there even with the 20" wheels.

Ken

·
Registered
36 Posts
OK I have only had it for a month but so far my list of complaints:
1) Lack of guard on cooling line under grill area
2) Cheap look of emergency brake handle
3) No dead pedal
4) Terrible luggage rack detail(mine is cracked)
5) Annoying A/T Shift at 40 mph
6) Location of Oil Filter
7) Armrest should have been leather when seat package was(I hate vinyl)

Pretty minor complaints really.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts