Dodge Nitro Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
16,212 Posts
I think that I would change the material used in the interior, becuase one of my panels has already warpped!
That does not sound right! What has warped?:SHOCKED:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I think most of mine have been covered already.
#1. How about some handles for getting in and out.
#2. Refrigerated glove box like the Caliber
#3. Smoother ride, not so wobbley over speed bumps and parking lots
#4. Better throttle, no more drive by wire. Give me a cable for better response.
#5. Leave the cruise control still. Not rotating with the steering wheel.

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,682 Posts
Better interior storage organization. Like some cargo drawers/pockets in the rear cargo side panels. With a deeper recessed center cargo storage area, so you can store more than a few small tools, jumper cables & misc. straps.

A V8 would be nice, but I'd be just as happy with a stronger V6 (like the inline 4.0 L engine).

4 hi/lo mechanically selectable 4WD. With room for much larger tires! Would love to slap some 33's on the Nitro.

More aftermarket options available!! PLEEEEZE!!! :mad:

·
Registered
447 Posts
  1. Full time + part time like the KK has AWD/4WD/RWD, but no need for 4WDLOW
  2. Higher quality interior materials.
  3. 5th speed with better ratio to better deal with Europe HWY speed limits
  4. Better headlights - HIDs
  5. Narrow mid tunnel. My right leg suffers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would like a little bigger door opening. I still bump my head occasionaly while getting in. I find it a little difficult getting out of the back also. ( once in awhile I ride in the back )

·
Registered
60 Posts
So far the only real complaint I have is the rear hatch in relationship to the bumper. There NO clearance. Not a big issue May-October in my area, but it doesn't take more than 1/2 of crusty snow\ice to make it so getting the hatch open is only after 10 minutes of chipping. Not as bad as the RAV4 my mom had, some bright individual designed them with the roof drain path down over the hinges of the hatch. Snow melts in the sun, runs slowly down the hatch side, hits the hinges.... freezes solid. A 12v outlet for the backseat and an extra one up front from the factory would have been nice. I like how they did it on the 200, tucked one down inside the console storage.

·
Registered
2011 Nitro Heat 3.7 4wd
220 Posts
I would redesign the wheel flares. I feel they are ugly , and dont offer many options for wheel clearance, and I would replace the white interior ( which I am) with a darker cloth so it doesn't show stains so easily.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Offer the CRD in the US. The damn things were assembled in Toledo, Ohio but only for export.

Backup camera

LED or HID headlights, with separate high beams

Agree on the A pillar blind spot

Agree on a 2 speed transfer case

A TIPM that's reliable

No factory car allows the fog lights to be on with the high beams, take that up with the government.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts