Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen the Nitro on TV (less than impressive commercials) I have seen them in person..HOT!!!! I really would like to get one, but get spooked by the tranny problems. What is the percentage of problems out there? Have they fixed these problems on new production Nitro's?
I also went to the Honda Ridgeline Club site- which linked me to CRV's and the Elements forums- and guess what? They have the same problems if not more!!!!!! (Most reliable???) Is this just hype or what? Can you feel the surge problem in a test drive or does it come later?
Sorry to ask so many questions, and I feel for the people who have been bouncing back and forth from the dealer- I think you guys/gals are handling it much better than I would:SHOCKED: :mad: :eek:!!!!!

I know there are lot's of threads in here about the tranny situation-what is the latest news-how many Nitro's are effected-and is Dodge doing something about it? I am just a simpleton when it comes to auto maintenance- I just like to drive and look :cool:!!!! The Nitro seems to be the ticket, Any help will be appriciated!!! Gman Does this thing have spell check?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Seems that 95% of the tranny problems were with those produced in the first 2 to 2 1/2 months since that time Dodge seems to have gotten rid of the problems. Have not had new complaints since like they said about 12/01/06. So go for it & enjoy.:pepper:

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
The earlier production Nitros DO have transmission issues that dont seem to be present in later ones - however Dodge is releasing a new fix soon that should fix things so we can all have a smooth ride :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got my on January 25, I have no problems with the tranny at all. I heard about the roll back on hills and today I stop on one. No roll back the Nitro stayed in place or wanted to go forward on the hill...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.