Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Driver side, front wheel bearing going out. I've seen the Wheel bearing hub online from anywhere from $41 to $210(Chrysler factory OEM of course) I'm having a hard time deciding where to purchase from. So get this, I thought I could trust NAPA Autoparts website and in the listing online, they don't mention where the part goes (Drivers Side or Passenger or rear)! So I chatted with there online help and they didn't know either and the online guy stated the website does not have that information. He also mentioned that "perhaps" it could be for either side on the front of the vehicle. Where should I buy from??? Thanks!!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
i have bought cheap bearings and CV joints in the past and they don't seem to last very long, so IMO only go with original Dodge parts.
Mopar Online Parts can be bought through this forum.

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
374 Posts
I recently replaced my front hubs with TIMKEN HA590245 from Rock Auto. I was disappointed to find out that they were manufactured in Korea. Unfortunately Timken now sources a lot of their parts and doesn't manufacture everything that has their name on it. They seem to be working fine but they have only been on for a few months.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Some parts like window controls etc I’ve bought through Amazon. —— Hopefully the wheel bearings aren’t like the calipers. I had some guy put new calipers on my Nitro a few years back and he had them swapped. Chewed up my lifetime warranty expensive pads.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I used RockAuto and Timken on our 1500 Ram. After one year of hard use, they are holding up.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I do ebay for Mopar and seek for coupons at advance auto parts for Moog.
I learnt the hard way to not buy any b-brand. Even the brands like Ferodo, SKS lasl less when purchased as spare parts.
Biggest problem is re-packaging. I have seen it with Febi and Lucas - inside were pagit, trw brake pads. This should be classified as fraud.

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,217 Posts
Depends... who has the part in stock and shipping & price total
Rock Auto, eBay, Amazon, MoparOnlineParts

Reactions: Scar0
1 - 9 of 9 Posts