Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Where is the heater electro-valve ?

35K views 38 replies 9 participants last post by  mcgruder.rembert 
#1 ·
Hi!

My Nitro heater have stopped to warm the cab , I suppose that is something wrong with the electro-valve that grants the hot fluid flow in the internal radiator. (Thermostat seems working properly, there's just no hot water in the circuit)

Where is the valve ? I see a switch-like plug connected to a metallic pipe (with three electric cables connected by above) just left of the cooling fluid tank. (SXT)

Anyway I mean this one

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5XpNNF0I6DuR1ZZa1MtN0JaS2s

I already unplugged it and tapped for a while (grandpa's remedy:chuckle:) to try to randomly unblock something but nothing happened

? :shy:

#2 ·
That looks to be the A/C pressure sensor.
The heater hoses are off the the right of the metallic pipes.

They should both be warm -hot to the touch when the engine is at full operating temp.
This may be a blend door that is stuck or not properly working.

#4 ·
The hoses both being hot is a good thing.
Sounds like a blend door on the inside of the rig is just stuck or it could be the control knobs.
Either way it shouldn't be an expensive fix.

#6 ·
If it is the blend door actuator, yes it is on the inside of the rig. See the last post in the thread you linked.
It could also be the controller knobs on the dash. It is hard to say for sure without being there to see/test it.

#8 ·
Thats a tough one, you basically have to remove everything in the dash area to get to the heater core. Including the passenger airbag, :eek: the dashboard, center console, HVAC housing (AC evaporator), and the Air distribution housing (heater core inside).
Don't do anything to the dash area without removing the Neg(-) battery cable first and wait 10 minutes!
You might have someone try to back-flush it... Another member here just did this and they said it was much better.

#9 ·
I'd be surprised if a heater core is clogged. The nitro has not been around very long. How do you know it is clogged?

There is no valve, hot coolant is always flowing through the heater core. The blend door inside the vent system moves to allow air to flow through the core when you want heat. Sofar typical things to go wrong are a stuck blend door, a bad blend door actuator, or the heater control has gone bad.

#20 ·
We have had a lot of this issue this year with no heat to the cabin.
Glad you have it working and thanks for getting back to us with the fix. :rep:

#38 ·
thats the heater core raidiator on the way to clogging.

800 £$€ is the price to unmount half car & installa a new heater radiator, dont do it.... its a waste of money.

Plus without a proper flush of the system, new heater core radiator will clog in same time as older.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.