Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very big problem. I bought a Dodge Nitro RT 4.0 built in 2009. It has run only 13K miles. Now the shifter (module) is broken and my Dodge dealer in Curacao (Dutch Caribbean) can't order a new one because this part isn't available anymore. Does anyone know how I can buy a used one? The part number is 52125434AG. My Vin number is 1D8GU58X39W517919.
My car is not driveble any more. Thank you for your cooperation.
With kind regard,
Hennie van de Kuil
E: [email protected]

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
strange second member this week with this issue, don't think it anyone has had this issue before,
why do you think the shifter is faulty ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The shifterstick blocks in P. It takes a long time to get it into D position. Then you feel that it isn't right. This fault in the shifter makes that the ABS module is also not working right. I'm desperate because I am living on an island and parts aren't available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know if there is a machanic in the USA who can repair the shifter?
That would help me also.
Thank you,
Hennie.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Nitro NAG1 transmission shifter has 2 interlocks.
1. is steel wire between ingnition lock and shifter.
2. one is solenoid that is controlled by brake pedal switch.
You should hear the solenoid clicking when you press brake (ignition on, engine not running)

And lastly you should be able to use any shifter from Mopar with NAG1 transmission.

I tested police Dodge Charger column shifter and it also works.
Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Bicycle accessory Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a very big problem. I bought a Dodge Nitro RT 4.0 built in 2009. It has run only 13K miles. Now the shifter (module) is broken and my Dodge dealer in Curacao (Dutch Caribbean) can't order a new one because this part isn't available anymore. Does anyone know how I can buy a used one? The part number is 52125434AG. My Vin number is 1D8GU58X39W517919.
My car is not driveble any more. Thank you for your cooperation.
With kind regard,
Hennie van de Kuil
E: [email protected]
I'm in the US but I'm sure you have access to the internet try this site called RockAuto .com they carry alot of parts for all vehicles that are a bit older.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts