Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Banned
10,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any good tips and/or product recommendations for getting windows clean?? As in no smudges, streaks or just plain moving the dirt around on the windows? This rental I have I cleaned the windows yesterday but driving to work last night I see all I did was move the grime around:mad: Plus people have smoked in this car.

I hate cleaning the windows but any good ideas are great!

· Registered
7,632 Posts
it is not blue so I would use windex. on the nitro or a vehicle w/ tint it is best to use something w/out ammonia

· Registered
7,632 Posts
eeewww, then bring it back and tell them to clean them!

· Registered
7,632 Posts
sorry, I know about cleaning because I am ocd....but when it comes to NASTY I wash my hands and deligate that down :chuckle:

· Registered
334 Posts
sorry, I know about cleaning because I am odc....but when it comes to NASTY I wash my hands and deligate that down :chuckle:
I think you are OCD, not odc!:Na_Na_Na_Na:

I fixed mine....how are you invisible when I can see you.....your cloak is not working Harry Potter

· Banned
10,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just used vinegar windex. Helped a little. I remember some time back there was a wax type window cleaner that was pink. You rubbed it on the windows and then buffed it off....windows were spotless. Can't remember the name of it though.

· Registered
523 Posts
Mother's makes a chrome polish I use to really clean the windows. It use to actually be called chrome and glass polish and it says it is safe for glass. I hit with a regular window cleaner (Mother's glass cleaner is what I use) to get the majority off, then hit it with the chrome polish to really polish it up, and finish with a light spray of window cleaner in case of any residue. The only thing is that you don't want to use it on tinted windows. As long as the tint in inside of the glass it's fine.

· Registered
495 Posts
I don't care what cleaner you use, they all have their good and bad points, but use a microfiber cloth to wipe it clean and you will never use paper again.

I could not believe the difference. I am rather tall and have an issue trying to get into a good position in the back seat of my cars (yes I know the nitro is easy) so cleaning windows has always been a chore. I clean it and have to go back again to clean up the streaks. Now, I use a micro fiber cleaning cloth and it comes clean the first time, every time.

Love technology. Where do they come up with this stuff?

· Registered
425 Posts
Stoner's Invisible Glass is amazing. Sooo much better than Windex, and safe on tint. It is a light foam that you spray right on the window, wipe until dry, no streaks and no "elbow grease" required. Works so great, it's the only glass cleaner I use on anything. You can get it at Costco.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.