Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Window issues on 2008 Nitro

Switch broke- seems common- had to use alternate method to get the window back up. Long story short - got sparks one day while trying to roll the window up!

Ordered a new window switch from Parts Geek $97 w/ shipping. Connected it & neither front window will work, can't move my mirrors now or lock the doors from
the switch on the drivers side door. I have to use my key fob to lock/unlock doors, BUT rear windows work fine.

So, Mechanic hooked up to the computer to check it. Code "module not responding" is what we get. Mechanic said there's a separate module in the panel of the drivers door. Can't find an actuall name for this module to order it. 1st Chrysler dealer here tells me the module is "built in" that new switch. Found online that there is a "carrier module" but the parts stores don't have them listed at all- 2nd Chrysler garage told me good luck, that those parts aren't available to sell to general public & they could get it, but there would be $300-400 in labor for "installing & programming the module"
Anyone had this issue??

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Try what KansasNitro suggested.(Neg(-) cable for 10 minutes.)
There is no other module in the door, I'm aware of.
The carrier plate is the mechanical part to roll up/down the window.
It is possible the window lift motor is shot. However that should not affect the mirror functions.
It is also possible you didn't get the correct window switch. There are several versions with different options and different plugs. All with different part #s.
Check the original switch part # against the new switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My driver side window will go up but not down so what I did was I took the drivers panel off took off the window motor went to my back door with the driver door window motor and plugged it in the motor worked so that means my switch thing is bad I took it apart and cleaned all the connections and everything else still didn’t work I bought a new switch but after I put everything back together the little white round thing with the wires for the window to go up and down i can’t find anything on how to properly put it back together it has slack in the wires no matter how I wrap it around I’ve tried and tried to get the black panel off but I can’t figure it out I’ve watched a few videos but nothing I’ve seen actually looks like the one on my door plus all the videos I’ve seen are all on the other doors

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
My driver side window will go up but not down so what I did was I took the drivers panel off took off the window motor went to my back door with the driver door window motor and plugged it in the motor worked so that means my switch thing is bad I took it apart and cleaned all the connections and everything else still didn’t work I bought a new switch but after I put everything back together the little white round thing with the wires for the window to go up and down i can’t find anything on how to properly put it back together it has slack in the wires no matter how I wrap it around I’ve tried and tried to get the black panel off but I can’t figure it out I’ve watched a few videos but nothing I’ve seen actually looks like the one on my door plus all the videos I’ve seen are all on the other doors
Welcome to the forum @Blazin67. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Sorry I'm to old to read runon sentences. Punctuation of some sort would at least let me know where one thought ends and the next starts...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Window issues on 2008 Nitro

Switch broke- seems common- had to use alternate method to get the window back up. Long story short - got sparks one day while trying to roll the window up!

Ordered a new window switch from Parts Geek $97 w/ shipping. Connected it & neither front window will work, can't move my mirrors now or lock the doors from
the switch on the drivers side door. I have to use my key fob to lock/unlock doors, BUT rear windows work fine.

So, Mechanic hooked up to the computer to check it. Code "module not responding" is what we get. Mechanic said there's a separate module in the panel of the drivers door. Can't find an actuall name for this module to order it. 1st Chrysler dealer here tells me the module is "built in" that new switch. Found online that there is a "carrier module" but the parts stores don't have them listed at all- 2nd Chrysler garage told me good luck, that those parts aren't available to sell to general public & they could get it, but there would be $300-400 in labor for "installing & programming the module"
Anyone had this issue??
I had that issue with the new controller i purchased also and found out that the new one had more pins than the original did and thats why only certain things worked. Mine only worked the back windows, no front windows, no locks or mirrors. I put my old one back in and all my windows work again and mirrors but still no door locks at all. Good luck with yours and if you find the answer, PLEASE post it so maybe I can repeat your success. :)

Reactions: Scar0
1 - 8 of 8 Posts