Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Nitro for about 6 weeks and have had the windsheild wipers quit twice. I had to pull over , turned off the car and they came back on when I started the car. I am taking it in tomorrow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ours did the same thing, they replaced the wiper motor and on the way home it quit again. It is back in the shop so, more to follow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just heard back from the dealership. They are now changing out the Body Control Module in hopes of correcting the problem. The wiper switch is a digital switch that sends a code to the BCM which then turns on the wiper motor. They replaced the motor and the switch to no avail. It sure is fun to drive the Nitro in the rain (we live in Washington State) 20 miles to the dealership! More to follow, the BCM is coming from Detroit (so new dealers do not have them in stock). So, I sit here and wait until Wednesday. At least the dealership was nice enough to pick up our rental car tab.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Just some info - The instrument cluster for this vehicle also includes the hardware and software necessary to serve as the electronic body control module and is sometimes referred to as the Cab Compartment Node or CCN.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just heard back from the dealership. They are now changing out the Body Control Module in hopes of correcting the problem. The wiper switch is a digital switch that sends a code to the BCM which then turns on the wiper motor. They replaced the motor and the switch to no avail. It sure is fun to drive the Nitro in the rain (we live in Washington State) 20 miles to the dealership! More to follow, the BCM is coming from Detroit (so new dealers do not have them in stock). So, I sit here and wait until Wednesday. At least the dealership was nice enough to pick up our rental car tab.
The same thing happened to me coming back from Vancouver. Wipers died while passing a semi, very scary. Pulled over, turn the engine off and back on nd they worked but it happeded twice more on the rest of the trip. Going in Monday to discuss.

Will print this thread

Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one. The wipers died for the first time tonight in the middle of a downpour. Luckily they came back on after a minute, but is felt longer than that. The electric system's having some other problems now. Every one of the lights lit up yesterday on the way to work but the car didn't die. This really doesn't make me happy since I have to drive to Pullman this weekend for the oldest to register for school.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Me too.

My wipers have quit on me three or four times. Took it to the dealer and they said that there's no problem - they work in the shop. They told me if it happens again, just bring it back.

Please let me know what you all find out.

It kind of reminds me of Chrysler T&C "Ghost Wipe" problem where the wipers would just go on for no reason. Except that was funny, this is not.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one. The wipers died for the first time tonight in the middle of a downpour. Luckily they came back on after a minute, but is felt longer than that. The electric system's having some other problems now. Every one of the lights lit up yesterday on the way to work but the car didn't die. This really doesn't make me happy since I have to drive to Pullman this weekend for the oldest to register for school.

"Lights came on but didn't die." Are you affected by the stalling recall? Have you had it complied with yet?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.