Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having a whistling in their windshield? My Nitro has been in twice already for the same thing and they have made it worse each time. Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They tried resealing it twice and there is still a horrible whistle. Not to mention turning the radio up doesnt help because the door vibrates from the sub. I have have to get dynamat put in to stop the distortion

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
NitroON20s, This wasn't a warranty problem.. It was a small rock thrown from a tire from a passing car on 501 near Myrtle beach. Insurance paid of course after my $100 ded. I was glad they were able to find a new one so soon after the models came out. David

·
Registered
145 Posts
NitroON20s, This wasn't a warranty problem.. It was a small rock thrown from a tire from a passing car on 501 near Myrtle beach. Insurance paid of course after my $100 ded. I was glad they were able to find a new one so soon after the models came out. David

yeah i meant the passing car that threw the small rock didnt stop and offer to buy you a new window.:loser1:

·
Registered
6 Posts
A Problem With Whistling Noise Here!

Before the transmission problem, I took the Nitro in for a whistling noise. I noticed this the first day I drove it off the lot...of course after I signed the papers. I can't hear it as much when the window is rolled all the way up. I only notice it on the drivers side and it begins to whistle around 30-35 MPH. As I pick up speed pass this mileage it just gets more high pitched and is quite annoying.... no really annoying! Well, they first tried to tell me that there was a leak in the seal around the side mirror on the drivers side, that it was not set properly. So they replaced the whole side mirror and of course this did not fix the problem. I have been told by several that it might be the seal around the bottom of windshield, so I guess that will be next attempt. For now, they are focusing on the transmission problem and have put the whistling noise aside for the time being.

Sherry Thomas

·
Registered
24 Posts
Before the transmission problem, I took the Nitro in for a whistling noise. I noticed this the first day I drove it off the lot...of course after I signed the papers. I can't hear it as much when the window is rolled all the way up. I only notice it on the drivers side and it begins to whistle around 30-35 MPH. As I pick up speed pass this mileage it just gets more high pitched and is quite annoying.... no really annoying! Well, they first tried to tell me that there was a leak in the seal around the side mirror on the drivers side, that it was not set properly. So they replaced the whole side mirror and of course this did not fix the problem. I have been told by several that it might be the seal around the bottom of windshield, so I guess that will be next attempt. For now, they are focusing on the transmission problem and have put the whistling noise aside for the time being.

Sherry Thomas
I thought I was loosing my mind for awhile. I was hearing this wind tunnel as soon as I started, down the highway but all my windows were rolled up. I brought it up to my fiancee and he just told me "there's a little wind noise in every vehicle ~ no more than usual". I think it is a little more than usual! When I go 65-70 I'm afraid my windshield is going to cave in on me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My nitro also had the whistle.It was the passenger window seal right above the side mirror plastic.So I put a piece of electrical tape right on the seal & metal to seal the gap.Fixed.The dealer has ordered new mirror & rubber gasket plus window seal to fix problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I thought I was the only one that noticed the whistle in my car. Passengers, go figure, they don't care it’s not their car.:i_rolleyes:

I figured out on my Nitro R/T that the sound was coming from the drivers side mirror at speeds at 50 MPH and above. I know it's the mirror because I folded it in while going 50 MPH with the window down. Rolled the window up and didn't hear the whistle! So there is a problem with the fitting or something with the mirror.

Well since I’m already going to the dealer for some A/C problems tomorrow I'll see if they can do something about this noise.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have had my Nitro into the shop four times for the whistling noise. They have replaced the roof racks and also taken it to the body shop. Nothing has been able to fix the noise. I also found that when it is windy out the whistling is louder.

·
Registered
356 Posts
LOL
I think Dodge is having problems with whistling cars..
An odd problem to have.
My Aunt just bought a 08 Grand Caravan and she said the service manager died laughing when she told them it sounded like her car was whistling Mary had a Little Lamb. LOL
It was the roof racks, somthing with the rubber sealing on backwards and every time it would flip up or down at different speeds it would change tone!
lol
Check your roof racks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.