Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so.... my 07 nitro's A/C is not longer blowing cold air since I somehow ripped out the wiring harness under my car (by just doing a 3 point turn in my driveway lol). Took it to the deaaler to be fixed ($916 later). Had them recheck what they did... bcuz it worked when I brought it in for the wiring harness issue. Tried to see if it needed to be refilled but the gauge on the can went to the red (read instructions) section when I released the trigger. My compressor clutch is not spinning when the A/C is on. Whats my next step?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Oh did I mention that my Nitro makes a clicking noise when its running?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,301 Posts
Is the clicking noise coming from the A/C clutch?

·
Registered
246 Posts
2 years ago my rear wiring harness also fell down and rear prop shaft made clean job. Rear abs sensor and fuel tank wiring was wrapped around prop shaft.
This wiring has nothing to do with AC.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,301 Posts
The clicking noise is just an added bonus. I thought it was bcuz i needed an oil change but I got one n it didnt help.
You need to pop the hood, start the rig, turn on the A/C and listed for the click of the A/C clutch.
If no click from the clutch, then it might be over charge. But can't say for sure that is it...
Also the A/C will not come on if the settings are set to a defrost mode. Except for right after a cold start, then the A/C will kick on for a bit to de-fog the interior.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You need to pop the hood, start the rig, turn on the A/C and listed for the click of the A/C clutch.
If no click from the clutch, then it might be over charge. But can't say for sure that is it...
Also the A/C will not come on if the settings are set to a defrost mode. Except for right after a cold start, then the A/C will kick on for a bit to de-fog the interior.
I did that and didnt hear a click nor did i see the clutch spinning.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,301 Posts
If the A/C is over or under charged the computers will not allow the clutch to engage.
Did you check fuse M34? If it was popped your compass would also not work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts